With less than 20 minutes and only 5 ingredients is all you need to make your own Super Easy Caramel Sauce From Scratch!
Did you know you can make your own Super Easy Caramel Sauce From Scratch in less than 20 minutes and with only 5 ingredients? I had no idea it was so easy! I have a new dessert snack that I'm working on and I needed caramels, so naturally, I looked up to see how to make your own. 'Cause that's how we roll around here.
I love recipes that are this easy and that use other from-scratch condiments that we've already made!
- Half and Half - You could also use a heavy cream to make an even richer sauce.
- Vanilla Extract - Have you made your own, yet?
- Brown Sugar - No brown sugar? No problem! Did you know you can make your own?
- Butter - Unsalted or salted, whatever you have. Just adjust the amount of salt.
- Salt - Just a touch
Easy to Make
How easy is this recipe? Just toss everything into a saucepan and whisk it all together.
Then pour it into a jar and let cool in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
Then you're done!
Easy, right? Keep an eye out for the tasty snack I use this for, but this would also be amazing on some (also easy) No Churn Caramelized White Chocolate Ice Cream or any other frozen summer treats!
Super Easy Caramel Sauce
- sauce pot
- Over medium low heat, mix the sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan.
- Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker.
- Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly then pour the sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold, at least 10 minutes.