Not only is it super simple to make, but this Easy Ground Beef and Broccoli will totally fill your take-out fix in just under 20 minutes!
How's everyone doing out there at home? Anyone else dying to go to a restaurant and interact with other human beings like there wasn't a crazy scary pandemic going on? Ya, me too. So here's an at-home take-out favorite for you. This Easy Ground Beef and Broccoli can be yours in under 20 minutes and is made with more affordable ground beef.
- Ground Beef - Often a much more affordable red meat option. Any lean point would be ok since the extra grease is drained.
- Broccoli - You could use fresh or frozen, whatever you have on hand.
- Sesame Seeds - yes, we have a lot on hand at all times. Mainly so we can always whip up some Homemade Tahni From Scratch!
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Ground Ginger - or fresh ginger if you have it!
- Fresh Garlic
- Olive oil
- Soy Sauce - we use regular because we like things a bit saltier, but if you don't, definitely use low sodium.
- Sesame Oil
- Rice - Or whatever else you want to serve it over!
- Sriracha - add the heat!
- Chili Garlic Sauce - this adds some flavor but also some salt, which we love but if you're using full sodium soy sauce, this may make it a little salty for you.
How to Make Easy Ground Beef and Broccoli:
- Make rice, or even better use some leftover rice you have.
- Mix garlic, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, sesame oil, and ground ginger in a small bowl (add sriracha and garlic chili sauce if desired).
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain excess fat.
- Stir in broccoli and soy sauce mixture and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice!
Other Take Out Inspired Dishes:
Adjust to your Salt Preference. The biggest thing with this dish is monitoring your salt preference. We like things on the saltier side and so we use regular soy and add garlic chili sauce, both of which have high sodium. But if you don't like things salty, definitely use low sodium and don't add the garlic chili sauce.
Broccoli Size. Cut your broccoli in even-sized pieces so they cook at the same rate.
Ground Beef. We love this with a leaner beef, like 85%-90%.
Add some Heat. Kick it up with some extra sriracha or even sprinkle in a 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
Easy Ground Beef and Broccoli
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets or frozen
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Bring two cups of water to a boil. Add rice and then lower to a simmer and cover. Let cook for 15 - 20 minutes or according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, red wine vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, and garlic chili sauce and mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat and add ground beef. Cook for 3-5 minutes, crumbling as you cook. Then drain and discard the excess fat.
- Add broccoli and then soy sauce mixture and then let simmer for about 5-7 minutes until broccoli is tender ( cover and let simmeer a little longer if using frozen broccoli).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.