Skip the take-out and make your own quick, flavorful and healthier Super Easy Vegetarian Fried Rice in just 15 minutes!
Hellooooooo! Phew what a month it’s been. Between getting a plague on New Years that had me down for multiple days and then going on vacation for a week that ended up actually being closer to two weeks due to a family emergency, I haven’t been able to cook in my own kitchen for nearly a month! And because I’m still getting back in the normal swing of things at home after being gone for so long, what new recipe did I finally make? Well just the easiest, simplest and only 15 minute Super Easy Vegetarian Fried Rice. I’m still in vacation mode, apparently. 😉
Plus, with our little M becoming a bigger, more curious, and exponentially more fun, I’m on the hunt for recipes that are still of course from scratch, but fast, easy, and not lacking in the flavor department.
This Super Simple Vegetarian Fried Rice is exactly that. With cooked rice, it all comes together in just 15 minutes. Totally within our ‘easier the better,’ motto these days.
This is definitely on our staple go-to menu from now on. Even better, it’s so customizeable! Add some more veggies, or even take the vegetarian piece out of it and add some shrimp, chicken, or pork! Enjoy, friends!
Super Easy Fried Rice
- 4 cups cooked, brown rice
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salted butter divided
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce optional
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat a 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat and scrambled the eggs into small pieces. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of butter in pan over medium high heat and add garlic, onion, carrots, and pepper. Stir frequently, saute 3 minutes and then add peas and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add final tablespoon to pan, turn up heat slightly, add rice, and stir. Add scallions, soy, and oyster sauce and saute for another 3-5 minutes to 'fry' rice. Add egg, mix and serve immediately. Garnish with additional scallions if desired.