How can you beat a dish that takes just a few ingredients, 5 minutes of prep, and a Crock Pot! That's all you need for this delicious and easy Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken!
Do dinners get any better than when they take 5 minutes of prep and then cook all day in a crock pot? No. The answer is definitively no. Hellloooooo Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken!
Raise your hand if you are crazy busy all of the time. Solidarity! But that's why this Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken is one of our favorites. 5 minutes of prep - and super easy ingredients.
- Bone in chicken breasts - Or really any cut that you'd like!
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brown sugar - Did you know you can make your own?!
- Chicken Stock - You can also make your own!
- Fresh garlic - You can also use dried, see recipe notes.
- Fresh rosemary - Dried works, too. See recipe notes.
- Dried seasonings: basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, red pepper, salt, fresh also works, see recipe notes!
Easy. And super flavorful. And did I mention how easy it was?
Did I mention how easy it was?
Step 1: Mix herbs
Step 2: Mix garlic, sugar, balsamic, and stock.
Step 3: Season chicken with herb mixture
Step 4: Add to Crock Pot and then add balsamic mixture.
Step 5: Let the Crock Pot do all of the work while you go about your life!
And when you're ready, you have super flavorful chicken!
Juicy and tender and full of flavor!!
Serve it With:
Other Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
Totally! We've made it with boneless chicken breasts and thighs! Although if you're making them with boneless meats, 4-6 hrs will be plenty of time on high.
Yup! Just remember that dried herbs are more potent. So if you're going to use fresh instead of dried, then you need to 3X the amount of FRESH to dried, and 1/3 the amount of DRIED to fresh.
Yup! It may adjust your cooking time and always be sure to ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
- Crock Pot
- 3-4 bone in skin on, chicken breasts or about 1 1/2 - 2 lbs of chicken boneless breasts or thighs
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water for lower sodium option
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar and garlic; set aside.
- Mix together the basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to taste .
- Place chicken breasts into a 6-qt crock pot, season with her mixture, and then stir in balsamic vinegar mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.