Just a few ingredients and a Crock Pot is all you need for this delicious and easy Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken!
Do dinners get any better than when they take 5 minutes of prep and then cook all day in a crock pot? No. The answer is definitively no. Especially with this Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken! I didn’t know it was possible, but these days we seem busier than ever. Between all the baby prep classes we’re taking in the evenings and all the nesting projects I have half started all over the house and yard, elaborate cooking has been put on the back burner (pun intended). But really, as I’ve said in the past, cooking from scratch doesn’t mean it has to be elaborate or time consuming! This dinner seriously took 5 minutes to prep and then slow cooked all day in our crock pot. With some 10 minute Garlic Kale as a side, we had a ridiculously easy and low maintenance dinner that was also uber tasty. Easy. And super flavorful. And did I mention how easy it was?Just a mix of your herbs,and some fresh garlic, sugar, balsamic, and stock,chicken seasoned and added to the trusty crock pot with the balsamic mixture, and 8 hrs on low later, you’re done. With a nice healthy Garlic Kale side we had a nice healthy dinner that only took about 15 minutes of our time. Which meant more time for me to tape off the rest of the baseboards in the house because apparently I’ve suddenly decided they need repainting before the baby is born. My poor (patient) husband 😉
Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
- 3-4 bone in skin on, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water for lower sodium option
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar and garlic; set aside.
- Mix together the basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place chicken breasts into a 6-qt crock pot and stir in balsamic vinegar mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.