How can you beat a dish that takes just a few ingredients, 5 minutes of prep, and a Crock Pot! That's all you need for this delicious and easy Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken!
Do dinners get any better than when they take 5 minutes of prep and then cook all day in a crock pot? No. The answer is definitively no. Hellloooooo Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken!
Raise your hand if you are crazy busy all of the time. Solidarity! But that's why this is one of our favorites. 5 minutes of prep - and super easy ingredients.
- Bone in chicken breasts - Or really any cut that you'd like!
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brown sugar - Did you know you can make your own?!
- Chicken Stock - You can also make your own!
- Fresh garlic - You can also use dried, see recipe notes.
- Fresh rosemary - Dried works, too. See recipe notes.
- Dried seasonings: basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, red pepper, salt, fresh also works, see recipe notes!
Easy. And super flavorful. And did I mention how easy it was?
Did I mention how easy it was?
Step 1: Mix herbs
Step 2: Mix garlic, sugar, balsamic, and stock.
Step 3: Season chicken with herb mixture
Step 4: Add to Crock Pot and then add balsamic mixture.
Step 5: Let the Crock Pot do all of the work while you go about your life!
And when you're ready, you have super flavorful chicken!
Juicy and tender and full of flavor!!
Serve it With:
Other Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
Totally! We've made it with boneless chicken breasts and thighs! Although if you're making them with boneless meats, 4-6 hrs will be plenty of time on high.
Yup! Just remember that dried herbs are more potent. So if you're going to use fresh instead of dried, then you need to 3X the amount of FRESH to dried, and 1/3 the amount of DRIED to fresh.
Yup! It may adjust your cooking time and always be sure to ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Definitely! See recipe notes.
Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breasts bone in or boneless, skin on or skin off, or chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar loosely packed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped optional for garnish
- Add chicken breasts to a crock pot or Instant pot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, and red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Season chicken breasts with half of the mixture. Flip chicken with tongs and season the other side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar and garlic and then add to the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Adapted from Damn Delicious.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!