This Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken is super flavorful and is easy enough to make on a weeknight. It's the perfect protein for any meal!
Have I mentioned how "Quick and Easy" is the theme in our house for dinner, lately? I loved our Crock Pot before, but now, oh now, it's a life saver. This whole working mom thing is seriously kicking my ass. Shout out to all the other working moms out there to little ones. Solidarity, sisters! I've got an easy dinner for you: Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken!
Just six! Super easy. Super affordable.
- Boneless chicken breasts - This would also be delicious with boneless chicken thighs.
- Dijon Mustard - Have you made our homemade Dijon Mustard yet?
- Chicken Stock - Have you made your own Homemade Chicken Stock yet? You could also use Homemade Vegetable Stock, too.
- Liquid smoke - Optional but we love the flavor that this adds!
- Kosher salt
Now that I'm waking up at 5 am and not getting home until 6 pm, the only thing I have time for these days is whatever can be done in the Crock Pot. The best part of Crock Pot meals? They can be mostly made the night before!
Step 1: Mix everything (but the chicken) in a bowl.
Step 2: Add the chicken, cover, and then put in fridge until you're ready to use. Up to 18 hrs.
Step 3: Put in the Crock Pot and forget about it!
Don't think about it all day while you're at your busy job or while you're watching your kids, or while your painting your nails and eating bon bons. Whatev.
No matter what you do while you're not thinking about dinner, once it's done, give that chicken a shred and yummm.
Serve it With:
Serve it over rice! Serve it in a sandwich (with some Homemade Bread)! Toss it on a salad! Anything. Or just on it's on with some of our favorite sides!
We put this over some simple brown basmati rice cooked in chicken stock and ahhh quick and easy dinner!
So to all the working moms and dads out there who don't have time to cook because they'd rather snuggle their little ones at night after work, I've got your back. Stay tuned for more meals made from scratch that are also easy enough for the working (exhausted) parent. 😉
Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and place in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hrs or low for 8 hrs.
- Shred chicken with a fork and serve over rice.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!