This One Pot Cheesy Kielbasa, Broccoli, and Rice is not only fast and easy to prep, make, AND clean up after, but it's a delicious weeknight dinner, too!
Here's a quickie for you, friends! Not only is this One Pot Cheesy Kielbasa, Broccoli, and Rice, but I'm currently surrounded by not one, not two, but three large half-packed suitcases as we get ready to take our first family vacation with not one, but two kiddos. Where are we going? A nice weekend to the coast? A couple of hour drive to central Oregon? Oh no. For our first family trip, we're flying 3,000 miles to Virginia for a week. Pray for us. 😉
Easy, simple, and fresh - typical for a SFS recipe!
- Kielbasa - A staple in my Polish home growing up!
- Cheddar Cheese - We prefer sharp or even extra sharp but mild is also great.
- Uncooked Rice - We use a white basmati rice, but you could also use a regular white rice or even make it low carb by using cauliflower rice!
- Broccoli - We prefer fresh broccoli for this but you could also use frozen.
- Onion and Garlic and Olive Oil- Staples in our recipes!
- Chicken Stock - or Vegetable Stock
- Bell Pepper - Optional - We prefer herby green, but if you wanted to add some sweetness you could use a red, yellow, or orange. But if you don't have any bell peppers, no problem. This is delicious without it!
Super Easy to Make
As required in our household these days - this is a fast to prep, fast to make, (and gobbled up fast!) meal!
- Give kielbasa a quick cook.
- Sauté garlic and onion and bell pepper if using.
- Add rice and then stock and let cook.
- Add broccoli and cook for a few more minutes.
- Top with cheese!
Dinner. All in just one pan! Seriously. So easy and soooo good.
Pro tip: Scramble up some of the leftovers with an egg or two and wrap it in a flour tortilla with some hot sauce for a killer breakfast burrito! Clearly that was obviously my burrito loving husband's concoction.
Other One Pot / Fast Dinners
One Pot Cheesy Kielbasa, Broccoli, and Rice
- Large skillet with lid
- drizzle olive oil (about 1/2 tablespoon or less)
- 1 Polish Kielbasa, sliced on a diagonal
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced optional
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked white basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- In a large pan, drizzle olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add kielbasa and cook 3 minutes on each side and then remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and pepper and saute until onion is translucent and season with onion powder, celery salt, and lemon juice.
- Add rice and stir to combine, then continue to stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, but don't mix in, just add to the top, and cover. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in kielbasa and 1 cup of cheese until cheese has melted.
- Top with remaining cup of cheese. Cover with lid and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and serve immediately.
Recipe from Mom on Timeout.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!