This One Pot Cheesy Kielbasa, Broccoli, and Rice is not only fast and easy to prep, make, AND clean up after, but it's a delicious weeknight dinner, too!
Here's a quickie for you, friends! Not only is this One Pot Cheesy Kielbasa, Broccoli, and Rice a quickie thanks to Mom on Time Out, but I'm currently surrounded by not one, not two, but three large half packed suitcases as we get ready to take our first family vacation with not one, but two kiddos. Where are we going? A nice weekend to the coast? A couple of hour drive to central Oregon? Oh no. For our first family trip, we're flying 3,000 miles to Virginia for a week. Pray for us. 😉
Easy, simple, and fresh - typical for a SFS recipe!
- Kielbasa - A staple in my Polish home growing up!
- Cheddar Cheese - We prefer sharp or even extra sharp but mild is also great.
- Uncooked Rice - We use a white basmati rice, but you could also use a regular white rice or even make it low carb by using cauliflower rice!
- Broccoli - We prefer fresh broccoli for this but you could also use frozen.
- Onion and Garlic and Olive Oil- Staples in our recipes!
- Chicken Stock - or Vegetable Stock
- Bell Pepper - Optional - We prefer herby green, but if you wanted to add some sweetness you could use a red, yellow, or orange. But if you don't have any bell peppers, no problem. This is delicious without it!
Super Easy to Make
As required in our household these days - this is a fast to prep, fast to make, (and gobbled up fast!) meal!
- Give kielbasa a quick cook.
- Sauté garlic and onion and bell pepper if using.
- Add rice and then stock and let cook.
- Add broccoli and cook for a few more minutes.
- Top with cheese!
Dinner. All in just one pan! Seriously. So easy and soooo good.
Pro tip: Scramble up some of the leftovers with an egg or two and wrap it in a flour tortilla with some hot sauce for a killer breakfast burrito! Clearly that was obviously my burrito loving husband's concoction.
Other One Pot / Fast Dinners
One Pot Cheesy Kielbasa, Broccoli, and Rice
- Large skillet with lid
- drizzle olive oil (about 1/2 tablespoon or less)
- 1 Polish Kielbasa, sliced on a diagonal
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced optional
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked white basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- In a large pan, drizzle olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add kielbasa and cook 3 minutes on each side and then remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and pepper and saute until onion is translucent and season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and stir to combine, then continue to stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, but don't mix in, just add to the top, and cover. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in kielbasa and 1 cup of cheese until cheese has melted.
- Top with remaining cup of cheese. Cover with lid and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and serve immediately.
Recipe from Mom on Timeout.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!