The perfect weeknight meal is here with this super easy One Pan Cabbage and Kielbasa dinner!
"What are you...Chinese? Japanese?..."
If I had a nickel for every time I was asked this, I'd have vacation homes in China and Japan. Instead, my standard response has been,
The confusion this causes is almost as much fun as vacation homes would be. Best part, it's true! Ok ok in their defense, I'm a Korean Pollack. I was born in Korea but was adopted into a Polish family. I didn't have kimchi until my 20s but I totally grew up on pierogis and cabbage and kielbasa dishes like this.My dad and grandmother loved a good polish sausage. They would have totally approved of this kielbasa that I picked up from Western Meat Market. They also would have approved of this one pan dish that was ready in 30 minutes. Ahhh weeknight dinnersYou know it's going to be good when your husband comes home and the first thing out of his mouth when he walks through the front door is, "Whoa it smells good in here.."
Plenty of garlic, some red wine vinegar, and then Spanish paprika all compliment the cabbage and kielbasa to make an amazing but simple dish. Paprika comes in many forms, my favorite is a Spanish Paprika, it has much more flavor than the "regular" paprika you usually find. Either would work fine, but if you want to splurge on a great spice, check out your bulk spice section of the grocery store and branch out your paprika world!
Topped with some fresh parsley and this One Pan Cabbage and Kielbasa was the perfect busy weeknight dinner. The only thing I would have changed about this dish is I would have made more of it!
One Pan Cabbage and Kielbasa
- 3/4 lb kielbasa sliced thin on a bias
- 1/2 lg. head of green cabbage core removed and sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spanish paprika or regular paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium and melt butter. Add garlic and onions and sauté until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Add red wine vinegar and mix well.
- Add kielbasa and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add cabbage to pan and olive oil. Mix well then add paprika and salt and pepper and mix so the cabbage is coated.
- Sauté until cabbage is slightly browned and wilted then add fresh parsley and serve.