Homemade bread is always better and these Easy Dinner Rolls From Scratch are so simple to make that you’ll never want to go back to store bought again!
Is there anything better than fresh baked bread? No. The answer is no. There are many foods I could live without. Chocolate? Bye. Ice cream? See ya. Cakes and Pies? Adios. But bread? The thought of life without bread is truly horrifying. So much so that a *slight* gluten intolerance can’t even keep me away. These Easy Dinner Rolls From Scratch? Oh they’re just over there being delightfully soft, subtlety sweet, unassumingly solidifying my deep love for all things bread and holy.
Homemade Bread Can be easy!
Are you a bread lover who finds the thought of making your own bread daunting? I get it. It can be! There are some bread recipes that are super complicated and technical. This recipe is NOT one of them. These Easy Dinner Rolls From Scratch are sooo easy you’ll think you’re missing something!
Most of the breads we make around here are super easy though. As a working mom with two under 3, everything we make these days is easy. Here are some of my other favorite easy homemade bread recipes:
- No Knead Rosemary Garlic Bread
- Whole Wheat Honey Oat Bread
- Easy Garlic Rosemary Focaccia
- NY Deli Rye Bread
Even better, the ingredients required for these Easy Dinner Rolls From Scratch are just as simple and your probably already have them in your pantry!
- Instant yeast
You have everything already, don’t you!
Do I need a Stand Mixer?
No! But let me just say in general. In life. In all things that can make your baking world a better place, yes. You need a good stand mixer. But for this recipe you can totally mix everything by hand, it’s just much easier to do it with a kitchen aid or other stand mixer.
The hardest part is waiting…
Seriously. This is the most difficult part. But once your little balls have risen in their pan, they’re ready to be baked!
And then… perfection.
Truly. They’re the pull apart, soft, fluffy, rolls that you’ll want to use to sop up some sauce. Dip in some gravy. Finish a bowl of soup with. Slice in half and put a tab of butter in. Or, do what we did: smoke a turkey in the smoker and add some homemade BBQ sauce for the ultimate turkey slider.
These were a huge hit in our house. But my toddler is taking after her mother, and not just that the girl gets hangry. She already has a deep deep love for all things carb loaded and bread and she was one happy little gluten lover with these.
You’ll find these at our table on Easter this year! Anndd probably 6 times before then, too. 😉
Easy Dinner Rolls From Scratch
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Egg, beaten
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add warm water and sprinkle yeast on top. Add the rest of the ingredients except 1 cup of flour.
- With the dough hook, mix on low until all is combined. Slowly add the last cup of flour and continue to mix for another few minutes until a dough forms.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and transfer dough to it. Dough will be slightly sticky. Knead a couple of times and shape into a ball.
- Transfer ball into a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled – approximately an hour.
- Grease a 9X13 pan. Return dough to a floured surface and break into 15 evenly sized balls and place in pan. Cover with kitchen towel and let rise another 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!