This Easy White Sandwich Bread is a super simple, easy-to-make classic white bread that's a great introduction to bread making!
Heeeyy fellow Quaran-bakers! Here's a new favorite, for you. This Easy White Sandwich Bread has helped us de-stress about the events in the world through delicious delicious carbs.
- All-purpose flour - The flour needed for that classic white bread.
- Yeast - Instant yeast is what we use because its activation time is so quick. But you could also use an active yeast, which it will just take a bit longer to activate with the sugar and water.
- Sugar - Granulated is best as it will dissolve the fastest in the water to activate the yeast.
- Salt - Fine ground and a non-iodized salt is best, but any fine ground salt works.
- Vegetable oil - You could also use another neutral oil like olive or canola.
- Warm water - To help activate the yeast.
Easy peasy, right?
- Stand mixer - like a Kitchen Aid! This will help a LOT. We love this one!
- Kitchen scale - Honestly, this will be helpful SO many times in the kitchen. And you can get one for (like this one that we love!) for under $20.
- Spray bottle - A lil bottle with water is needed for the maillard reaction or that nice browning on top of the bread!
How to make Easy White Sandwich Bread:
It's a super easy bread to make. Not quite as easy as our No Knead Rosemary Garlic Bread, but still pretty darn easy. All you need to do:
- Activate the yeast
- Add the oil and flour
- Let rise
- Add to a pan
- Let rise again
Activating yeast? That's just mixing the water and sugar and letting it sit until it gets all nice n' frothy!
Then add the oil and flour and just let your stand mixer do the work for you.
Mix in the mixer on low until the dough is combined and pulls away nice and cleanly from the side.
Let let it proof until it has doubled and looks like a soft pillow you just want to nuzzle your face into.
Put that lovely loaf into a well greased pan and give it couple of pretty scores,
This Easy White Sandwich Bread is the perfect sandwich bread. It's a classic and easy.
If you're looking for something a little different, or you've made this and now want to make all the bread? Here are some of our other favorites!
Easy White Sandwich Bread
- 10 grams granulated sugar about 2 teaspoons
- 355 grams warm water (90-100 degrees) about 1 1/2 cups
- 8 grams instant yeast 1 package or 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 23 grams vegetable oil about 2 tabelspoons
- 525 grams all purpose flour about 4 1/4 cups
- 15 grams fine ground non-iodized salt about 2 1/2 teaspoons
- Activate the yeast by adding it to the sugar and water in the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook, approximately 10 minutes, until it's frothy.
- In a separate large bowl, add flour and salt and mix.
- Once the yeast is foamy and activated, add vegetable oil and mix on low with dough hook.
- Slowly add flour 1/3 of a cup at a time mixing on low until all is well combined and dough pulls cleanly from the side of the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a well oiled large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled (approximately 60-90 minutes).
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and liberally grease a 9 X 5 loaf pan.
- Lightly flour a counter and then shape dough into a large ball.
- Add dough to well greased (or parchment paper lined) loaf pan. Gently cover with a linen towel and let it rise again for another 30 minutes.
- Once it's risen to fill out the loaf pan, use a very sharp knife or bread lame to score top of dough 3 times. Spritz with a little cold water.
- Add to oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, open oven and spritz the top of loaf again with cold water.
- After final 20 minutes, take pan out of oven and take out of pan and cool on side. Let cool for at least 60 minutes before slicing.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!