It’s a whole chicken and stuffing dinner made right in your crock pot, except this Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing From Scratch is made without any canned or boxed ingredients!
Are we really two weeks past Thanksgiving already?! I already miss the stuffing. But oh! We had some of our Copycat Boxed Stuffing Mix From Scratch and I knew exactly what I had to make. Now I know you’ve seen this recipe on Pinterest. My girl Stephanie over at The Cozy Cook made this recipe a couple of years ago and I have been drooling over it ever since. But I needed to “from scratch” a few key ingredients first. Enter Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup and Copycat Boxed Stuffing Mix From Scratch and boom: Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing From Scratch! Yaaaasss.
Once you have all your from scratch ingredients – including some Chicken Stock From Scratch – then seriously it can’t get any easier. Just a mix of your Copycat Boxed Stuffing Mix From Scratch with the Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, Chicken Stock From Scratch, with the sour cream, garlic powder, and parsley and then add to the salt and pepper seasoned chicken in the crock pot.
A delicious blend of so much from scratch goodness! Then you can either add some fresh green beans right on top of the mixture, or put down some foil, poke a couple of holes, and add them on top. Whichever you prefer. I added mine on top to keep them separate.
On low for 6 or 7 hours and boom, a Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing From Scratch! Dinnnerrrr. And oh my god is it GOOD. The chicken is sooo juicy. The stuffing so soft and comforting. And the green beans have all that flavor steamed into them.
Even better? No boxes. No cans. Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing From scratch! But hey, even if you don’t have some, or even any of the ingredients from scratch, don’t let that stop you from making this recipe because trust me, you need this in your stuffing lovin’ life!
Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing From Scratch
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cup cream of chicken soup https://www.servedfromscratch.com/homemade-condensed-cream-of-chicken-soup/
- 6 oz homemade boxed stuffing mix https://www.servedfromscratch.com/copycat-boxed-stuffing-mix-from-scratch/
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock https://www.servedfromscratch.com/more-chicken-stock/
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- salt and pepper to season
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper and add to crock pot.
- In a separate bowl, mix soup, sour cream, chicken stock, garlic powder, parsley, and stuffing mix until well combined and then add to chicken in crock pot.
- Place foil over the chicken, poke a couple of holes in it with a fork, and add green beans.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Serve and enjoy!