Dinner in 30 minutes! This Asian-inspired Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles recipe is simple to make, full of flavor, and is packed full of healthy broccoli!
Noodles! Who doesn't love a flavorful hearty, healthy noodle dish? In this household, noodles are a go-to that we know will always be a winner with our kids. Even better, throw any kind of veggies in, and it's almost guaranteed they'll get eaten! One of the girls' favorite ways to have broccoli? Our Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles!
- Chicken - We mostly use chicken breasts for this recipe, but chicken thigh meat is another great choice.
- Broccoli - Fresh is our preferred, but you can also of course use frozen!
- Ginger and Garlic - Key aromatics to any noodle dish!
- Noodles - We love a nice thin rice noodle for this, but you could of course your favorite, or even a pasta. Dependent upon the noodle / pasta, the cooking time will vary, see recipe notes for that.
- Soy Sauce - The base of the sauce to add a little salty umami.
- Honey - For some added sweetness to balance the salt.
- Seasoned Rice wine vinegar - A little added flavor and sweetness.
- Sesame Oil - For added flavor
- Sriracha - Just a touch, totally to taste, and optional.
Broccoli, Noodles, and Sauce
What's great about these chicken and broccoli sesame noodles dish is that not only is it ready in 30, but each component can be prepped in time to make it all come together pretty seamlessly, too.
Unlike pasta, rice noodles are cooked by soaking in boiling water. So for these sesame noodles, we boil the broccoli in water for a couple of minutes, make the easy sauce, and then drain the broccoli while using that hot water from the broccoli to cook the noodles in.
Cook the Chicken
While you're waiting for your noodles to cook, you can cook the chicken with garlic and ginger. Once it's done, just add your broccoli.
We love our Finex Cookware cast iron for this, but you can use your favorite large skillet.
Add Noodles and Sauce
Once your noodles are done, then you can add the sauce to your broccoli and chicken and the noodles for a final mix! I like to cook the noodles for about 1 minute less than the time noted on the package, and then let them finish cooking in the bubby sauce in the pan with all of the chicken and broccoli
Top with some sesame seeds (give 'em a little toast for even more flavor!) and you're done! 30 minutes Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles!
Finally, sprinkle on some sesame seeds and done. 30 minutes Chicken and Broccoli Noodles is on the table. It's easy. It's fast. And it's healthy.
Other Take Out Inspired Dishes
Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles, what noodle dreams are made of.
Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles
- 2 boneless chicken breasts 1 1/2 - 2 lbs , cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 4 - 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 7-8 oz rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha optional
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- Add rice noodles to a large bowl and set in a clean sink. Place a seive or a colander gently over the noodles.
- Fill a large pot with water and heat on high to bring to a boil. Add broccoli florets and let boil for 3 minutes. Drain cooked broccoli into the sieve or colander over the rice noodles so that the bowl with the noodles fills with hot water. Set noodles and broccoli aside and set a timer for time noted on rice noodle package, less 1 minute. Normally 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook for about 5-6 minutes, turning at 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, and sriracha.
- Once chicken is mostly cooked, add garlic and ginger and mix. Saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add sauce to pan and coat with chicken. Add broccoli to the pan and stir. Once the noodles are done, drain from water and add to skillet. Stir to fully coat it all with sauce, let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted seasame seeds and serve!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!