These Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles are delicious, simple to make, and are a healthy alternative to take out that can be done in just 30 minutes!
How are we not only so close to Christmas, but also so close to the new decade?! I don't know about you all, but I am deep in final packing and holiday craziness. Which means dinners need to be easy, and (duh) delicious. Bonus if it’s healthy (gotta balance all of those Christmas cookies). Cue these Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles that hits all those points and can be made in just 30 minutes!
The first part of this quick and easy dish is the sauce made up of super easy ingredients:
- Soy Sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sesame Oil
For the rest of the noodles it's also easy.
- Ginger and Garlic
- Sesame Seeds for topping
What Kind of Noodle?
Whatever noodles you want! Really, it's whatever you have available. Do you have some rice noodles in your pantry for some Crock Pot Chicken Pho, 15 Minute Garlic Fried Noodles or 20 Minute Sweet and Spicy Noodles? They'd be delicious in this! I chose some whole wheat linguine, although we’ll definitely be making this again with some of our fresh pasta!
Watch the Noodles!
Key to this dish is that after you cook the noodles and the broccoli and strain them, before you add it all to the pan, make sure you remove the pan from the heat for just a half a minute before adding the noddles so they don't stick and clump before the sauce is added.
Finally, sprinkle on some sesame seeds and done. 30 minutes and this Chicken and Broccoli dish is on the table. It's easy. It's fast. And it's healthy.
Other Take Out Inspired Dishes
Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles, what noodles dreams are made of. Now bring on the Christmas cookies!!
Chicken and Broccoli Sesame Noodles
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-2 inch strips approximately 1 1/5 lbs
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz linguine pasta or rice, but see notes if rice
- Fill a large pot with water and heat on high to bring to a boil. Cook pasta for 5-6 minute and then add broccoli florets to the water and boil with pasta for the last 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and sriracha.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, turning after about 2 1/2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute or two, stirring continuously so it does not burn. Remove from heat.
- Stir sauce mixture in it's bowl. Add pasta and broccoli to skillet and then add sauce and mix well stirring to coat all of the pasta.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.