These Sweet Sesame Ginger Meatballs are an Asian style turkey meatball that can be served as an appetizer or on a bed of rice for a complete meal!
Somehow, this is the first meatball recipe posted here on SFS! I know, I’m as shocked as you are. However, I have to say, these Sweet Sesame Ginger Meatballs are a pretty amazing first meatball.
Not only are these little sweet sesame bites of Asian inspired deliciousness easy to make, but they’re also made with ground turkey, which means it’s lower in saturated fat but still packs the same protein punch.
- Ground turkey
- Panko bread crumbs
- egg (to bind)
- Sesame Oil
- Soy sauce
- Fresh ginger and garlic
Do you have everything in your pantry already? Ok maybe not the panko bread crumbs, but if you don’t, you should. That way you can also make Baked Panko Chicken Tenders and Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters!
First step of making these meatballs? Plenty of fresh minced ginger and garlic. I minced it but you could also grate it.
Then give it a good mix, add an egg, some sesame oil, soy sauce, and panko breadcrumbs. Give it another good mix,
roll into adorable little balls,
and then a little pan saute in a sweet salty hoisen soy sauce until it bubble and thickens. So. EASY.
Sprinkled with some sesame seeds and fresh chopped scallions and these Sweet Sesame Ginger Meatballs are little bites of delicousness.
How to Serve:
As an appetizer, on a toothpick.
Or as a meal, on a bed of rice!
Or just eat out of a bowl! However you want to serve them, do it. Just make them. Trust me, you wont be disappointed.
Other Take Out Inspired Dishes
Sweet Sesame Ginger Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced or grated
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced or grated
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons hoisen
- fresh diced scallions
- sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add turkey and garlic and ginger and mix well. Then add egg, panko, sesame oil, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and mix well.
- Roll out 1 1/2 – 2 inch meatballs and place on baking sheet. (Approximately 20)
- Bake for 10 mins and then rotate pan and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium. Transfer meatballs to a large saute pan that will fit them all. In a small bowl mix the remaining 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of hoisen. Coat and turn meatballs in sauce as it bubbles and thickens and let cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove meatballs, add to a bowl and pour remaining sauce on meatballs. Serve as an appetizer or over a bed of rice.