Baked Parmesan Steak Fries are a healthy and delicious alternative for that french fry craving!
Some days just require french fries. You know those days? Those long, stressful, busy days where you just want some good old comfort food to give you a big ol’ hug? Yup. Those kind of days require fries like these Baked Parmesan Steak Fries.Homemade french fries are actually really easy and simple. Totally worth the effort when you’re having one of those days. Now if you happen to be lucky enough to have your own Fry Daddy or other deep fryer at home, then I’m totally jealous of the super crispy delicious fries that you can make in that bad boy. I have made a conscious effort to not have a deep fryer at home. Mainly because I like fitting in to my pants and I know I personally do not have the will power to not fry all the things and happily eat them until I no longer fit into those said pants. So in this household, we bake our french fries. Which sometimes I’ll slice up the taters nice and thin enough to get oven crispy fries, but this particular day, I was in a steak fry kind of a mood.
So I sliced up the spuds on the thicker side. Oh and I didn’t bother peeling them. Just a good wash. Plus, the skins actually have fiber and added nutrients and can help lock in nutrients of the flesh of the potato. Because they’re thicker, I gave them a little par boil before going into the oven, too. Then added some olive oil, salt, and pepper, and baked in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes on one side, then a flip on the other side for more browning. Once they were done, the final touch: a generous helping of fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top of the hot spuds. Boom. Baked Parmesan Steak Fries.While the fries were baking, I whipped up a quick Garlic Aioli dipping sauce for them. Which is super easy. Just toss everything but the oil in a food processor and blend. and while it’s still blending, a sloooowww addition of the oil to let it all emulsify into a delicious creamy dip.Perfect for some Baked Parmesan Steak Fries! Not a fan of aiolis? No problem, whip up some 5 minute Homemade Ketchup to dunk those fries in. Whatever you dipping sauce of choice, some days, you just need fries for dinner 😉
Baked Parmesan Steak Fries with Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce
- 5 russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Scrub you spuds clean and then slice them into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with cold water. Bring that pot slowly to boil and then let the potatoes simmer until they're tender to a fork, but not quite done.
- Drain potatoes well and in a large bowl add oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- On a large baking sheet, line potatoes in a single layer and bake in the center rack.
- After 15 minutes, remove from oven and turn potatoes for even browning. Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of hot potatoes. Let melt and then serve and enjoy!
- Add egg, salt, parsley, and a few turns of the pepper grinder to a food processor. Blend until combined and then while processor is still running, very slowly add the olive oil in a slow but steady stream until it has formed a thick emulsion.
- Serve with fries and enjoy!