This Avocado Chicken Chopped Salad is one of our favorite green salads. It's easy to make, fresh, healthy, and is the perfect light salad dinner that's full of flavor!
Well, it's been over 6 months with both of us working at home and with kids at home since our daycare closed and we have been comforting ourselves in the best way we know how. Soooo let's just say we may have the need for a little clean eating, especially before the holiday season. Enter one of our new favorite green salads, this Avocado Chicken Chopped Salad!
As it is with all of our recipes, fresh is the name of the game. This recipe is no exception.
- Chicken - You can use any shredded chicken for this. It's a great way to use leftover chicken or even rotisserie chicken. Our favorite for this is our Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Breasts.
- Fresh Romaine Lettuce - You could also use butter lettuce or your other favorite lettuce.
- Tomatoes and Cucumbers - I love cherry tomatoes from our garden for this, but roma tomatoes would also be lovely! English cucumbers are my favorite cucumbers for salads.
- Fresh Corn on the Cob - This is a great way to use leftover corn on the cob or grilled corn, but of course you could also use canned or frozen corn.
- Crumbled Crispy Bacon - The best part of a chopped salad, right?
- Fresh Parsley - Adds a delightful bit of freshness.
- Avocado - We love the creaminess that this adds to salad.
- Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing - This is our favorite with it, but we also love this with our Easy Caesar Dressing From Scratch!
It doesn't get much easier than:
Step 1: Toss it all in a bowl.
Step 2: Mix
Step 3: Add dressing and give a final mix!
And done! Super simple. Super easy. Super flavorful.
This has been one of our favorite salads that's hearty enough for dinner but also a lighter dinner - especially after we've made a big batch of Easy Homemade Apple Fritters, or Glazed Chocolate Munchkins for breakfast.
Make it your own, too! Add some of your other favorite chopped salad toppings like blue cheese, (our girls are hit and miss with it which is why I didn't add any), or another cheese like provolone, radicchio (to be fancy), or hard boiled eggs.
Our Other Favorite Salads
With the holidays right around the corner, we're lightening up some of our dinners to get ready for the decadent and indulgence that's coming our way.
Avocado Chicken Chopped Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded approx. 2 - 2 1/2 cups shredded
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 ear corn, kernals removed from cob approx. 3/4 cup
- 1 large english cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 6 pieces bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat a pan to medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from pan and let cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- Shred your chicken.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Add some vinaigrette or dressing of choice and mix to taste!
- Whisk together the juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl, pyrek measuring cup, or mason jar.