I doubled the recipe size to accommodate lots of people and I’m glad I did! 2 bunches of kale, 2/3 cup of dried cranberries, and about a cup of walnuts. Then a super simple honey, fresh lemon, olive oil dressing.
…and finished it with some local raw honey. I love this honey!
Once it was all whisked up, I poured about 3/4 of it over the kale and then ‘massaged’ it into the kale with hands, which was pretty much just making sure it was all well incorporated and mixed well into the kale.
Once dressed, I added the cranberries,
then we had a fast and easy but flavorful Cranberry Walnut Kale Salad. Eating some of this salad made me feel much less guilty about all of the amazing cornbread stuffing I may or may not of had multiple servings of throughout the course of our 8 hour Thanksgiving meal(s).
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (or any other nuts)
- 2 teaspoons of local raw honey
- 3 tablespoons of a good olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- salt to taste
- Clean the kale from the stems and then rip into small bite sized pieces into a large bowl.
- Juice the lemon and then whisk in olive oil and honey. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Pour about 3/4 of the dressing onto kale and with hands mix well and massage into kale until slightly wilted. Taste and then add more dressing to taste.
- Add cranberries and walnuts and mix.