Fill that salty crunchy craving with an incredibly healthy, vegan, gluten free option! These Kale Chips are super easy to make at home with a food dehydrator and they’re crispy, crunchy, “cheezy”, and incredibly healthy, too!
Meet my latest obsession – AND my kid’s! This is by far my favorite way to eat kale and if it means that my kids are devouring kale, then it truly cannot get any better. Welcome, Kale Chips!
It doesn’t get much easier than this.
- Fresh Kale
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Nutritional Yeast – and this is truly optional. It adds a delicious “cheesy” like flavor, but if you don’t have it, no problem! They’re still delicious!
Ok now to make this the easiest, you need a food dehydrator. There are many out there and we started with this one:
It was great! But then we updated to this dehydrator which is like the Cadillac of Food Dehydrators. If it’s in your budget, trust me, you wont regret it!
How to Make
Another reason why we love them so much, is that they are so easy.
Step One: Clean the kale and tear into bite sized pieces and add to a bowl.
Step Two: Add olive oil, salt, nutritional yeast and then give a good mix.
Step Three (if using a dehydrator): Add the kale pieces to dehydrator trays and let the machine do it’s thaaanngg.
Dehydrated until crispy delightfulness!
I mean, hellooo.. does it get any more delightful? Let me repeat: my 2 and 4 year old LOVE these so much that they actually asked for it with their cereal for breakfast.
No Dehydrator? No Problem.
You can also make them in the oven! Instead of a dehydrator, you can totally make them in an oven.
275 degrees, bake for about 20 minutes and done!
No matter how you make them, enjoy them! They are crispy like a chip. Salty like a chip. Cheesy like a cheesy chip. But HEALTHY like kale!!
Perfect bites of vitamin A, C, iron, calcium, and potassium that again, let me say, my kids LOVE!
Other Great Dehydrator Recipes
If you do get a dehydrator, that means you can also make these dehydrator favorites:
Other Favorite Kale Recipes
This is a snack that keeps on giving. Not only do the girls love it, but it’s so incredibly healthy. It’s a truly win-win. My girls ask for kale chips all of the time, and I am happy to give it to them!
- 2 bunches of kale cut and cleaned
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- Make sure the kale is completely dry. Rip into bite sized pieces.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over kale and mix well. Sprinkle on salt and nutritional yeast. Mix well again and add to dehydrator trays. Set to 135 degrees and let sit 12 hours or overnight until nice and crispy!
- No food dehydrator? No problem. Just pre-heat the oven to 275 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes. Check them at about 10 mins to separate the leaves out and flip the ones needing to be flipped.