This Avocado Pasta Salad is one that'll be different than all the others on the cookout table. It's creamy, bright, packed full of (hidden) spinach, and it just happens to be vegan friendly!
I love it when I'm looking for something quick and easy to make that'll also be crowd pleasing and I stumble upon a recipe like this from Natasha's Kitchen that I adapted to this Avocado Pasta Salad! It's fast to make and wonderfully different than your standard cookout side. Plus, it's packed full of nutrition without tasting like it's trying to be healthy!
- Corn - Fresh is best, but frozen or canned would work, too.
- Grape tomatoes - or cherry, or even diced romas or whatever you have would be great.
- Garlic - Fresh minced
- Spinach - Fresh is really best for this recipe. Frozen thawed doesn't mix up for the creamy sauce as well.
- Avocados - Nice big ripe avocados
- Rotini pasta - Or your other favorite pasta salad pasta. We love rotini the best because of all of it's little nooks to catch the creamy sauce!
- (Not Pictured) Fresh Parsley and Fresh Lemon Juice and Salt- For a great herbal and bright acidic touch!
Do you see all of that spinach? That's right. Spinach. Vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, vitamin C packed spinach. This with the good fat of fresh avocados, garlic, and some fresh lemon juice and it's a creamy, bright, super duper healthy dressing. Take that you boring old bottled Italian dressing pasta salad!
Are you getting the theme of this recipe? (Hint, it's FRESH). Isn't that what summer sides (ok let's be honest, all summer food), should be? Yes. Yes it should. And since it's fresh corn season, put in the little added work and make it with some fresh off the cob corn.
Other Ways to Use Summer Corn
It's SO easy!
- Cook pasta
- Put spinach, 2 avocados, lemon juice, garlic and salt
- Add tomatoes and corn to pasta, mix in the avocado spinach mix and stir
- Add the last avocados and fresh parsley and serve!
Can you make ahead?
You can definitely make the pasta and prep all the veggies and portion everything out, but I would wait until the day of to assemble. The lemon juice will help keep the avocados from turning brown for about a day, but after that, they will start to oxidize and turn brown. The taste will still be there, but it just wont look as pretty.
M loved this salad. And it was definitely one I was more than happy to give her a second helping of! The sweet fresh corn. The pop of acidity from the tomatoes. The creamy but bright dressing and just a kiss of fresh parsley? Avocado Pasta Salad: summer salad win!
Throw some Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts on the grill and fill some glasses with a dry, crisp Sauvignon Blanc, and I'll be right over! 😀
Avocado Pasta Salad
- 1 lb Rotini Pasta
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 3 medium avocaods
- 1 1/2 cup cherry, grape (or a mix!) tomatoes, halved
- 2 ears fresh corn, boiled (or grilled) and kernels removed from cob
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cook pasta by boiling in approximately 4 cups of water for 7-10 minutes until done. Run pasta under cold water, drain, and then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, add 2 avocados, 1/2 spinach, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Blend and then add the rest of the spinach and continue to blend until creamy.
- Add tomatoes and corn to pasta, mix, and add avocado spinach mixture. Mix well, add more salt to taste. Dice the final avocado and add with parsley. Mix well and serve. Or make ahead up to 3-4 hours and cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!