It was a vegan and gluten free kind of a dinner at our house yesterday. Mainly because the vegan / gluten free bachelorette party dinner I was supposed to make was thwarted by a weekend trip to the ICU for Nigel. So since I had all of the food I’d bought for that party and I didn’t feel like going to the store, I made it for us for dinner instead. This is soooo good that we didn’t miss animal products or gluten at all. My very carnivorous / gluten loving husband even said, “I will happily eat this a lot.” Win!The salsa itself, super easy. Beans, corn, cilantro, jalapeno, sweet mini peppers, cherry tomatoes, onion, cumin, salt, and lime juice mixed in a bowl. Easy.And so colorful!
Then after a spaghetti squash is cleaned and roasted, we had our selves a couple of super hearty plates!
Nigel and Dan were both super happy to be home.And so we ended the stressful crazy weekend with a super delicious and super healthy meal. This will definitely be on our staple list as it’ll be sooo good in some homemade flour tortillas or tortilla chips!
- 2 ears corn grilled or 1 1/2 cups of frozen / canned corn
- 1 1/2 cups of black beans dried then cooked or 1 15 oz can- rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ red onion chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 3-5 sweet mini peppers chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 400º.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half, clean out seeds, and then brush the sides with olive oil. Place squash open side down on roasting tray and then cook for 40 minutes.
- While squash cooks, clean kernels off of grilled corn and mix corn, beans, tomatoes, onion, pepper, and jalapeno in a bowl. Add cilantro, cumin, and pepper and mix. Add salt and squeeze lime juice on top of salt and then mix together.
- When squash is finished, with a fork fluff the inside of the squash and then spoon it out on to a plate. Top the squash with the salsa and serve!