These Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken Wings are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser but baked to crispy perfection for a healthier spin!
Oh pregnancy cravings... I've actually managed to make it through most of the past 9 months without any crazy cravings. But these past couple of weeks the cravings have finally hit me. Hard. One night, it was an old school chicken noodle casserole (the kind that uses cream of mushroom soup and fried french onions). And recently- chicken wings. Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken Wings to be exact.
I love this recipe because the ingredients are so simple, which makes whipping them up when that craving hits, easy.
- Chicken Wings
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper
Plus, notice, no oil. Baking the chicken wings makes them a much healthier option!
When I say this recipe is easy, I mean it's so easy that a 38 week, super tired, kind of lazy, preggo can make it, kind of easy.
Step 1: Add your chicken wings to a parchment lined baking sheet and give them a generously season them with salt, pepper, and some garlic powder.
Step 2: Bake until nice and crispy!
Ok, I know baked wings and deep fried wings are not created equal. But baked wings can be just as crispy and delicious - but a much healthier option!
Step 3: While the wings are baking, mix together your Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt.
Tip: Adjust to your taste! Add more Parm for cheesier wings. Add more garlic powder for galic-ier wings. Or (our fav) add a touch more red pepper flakes for a wing with a little more kick.
Step 4: While the wings are still nice and hot, remove them from the tray, add to a bowl, and then coat with the parm cheese mixture.
Make sure you give them a good coat so all that flavor is on all of your wings.
Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken Wings for the win! SO flavorful and the red pepper flakes added the perfect amount of heat but didn't over power the cheese and garlic and freshness of the parsley.
I was a pretty happy preggo with these. These are totally being added to our go-to party appetizer menus!
Our Other Favorite Party Snacks
Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs of chicken wings
- 3/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt + salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Generous coat the chicken wings with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until crispy.
- While wings bake, mix the parmesan cheese, parsley, red pepper flakes, remaining 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
- When wings are done, remove from pan, add to a large bowl, and then immediately coat with cheese and parsley mixture.