Perfect for fall, this Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup From Scratch is cheesy and creamy but without any cream or store bought canned goods.
Is there anything more comforting than a big bowl full of creamy, cheesy soup? Definitely not. Even better is when it only takes a couple minutes to throw together like this Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup From Scratch!
My mom is visiting from New Hampshire this week and since I need to still work, I want to make sure that dinner mostly done and easy for maximum time to visit. Crock Pot to the rescue!
Fresh ingredients and as much from scratch as possible, pretty standard for recipes made in our house.
- Cheese - We prefer sharp cheddar for this but you could also use a milk cheddar. Or even a white cheddar or extra sharp.
- Broccoli - We prefer fresh, but you could definitely sub frozen florets, too. No need to thaw, just toss 'em right in.
- Fresh Carrot, Onion, and Garlic - For added flavor. We use white onions, but yellow would also be great.
- Chicken Stock - Or Vegetable Stock if you want to keep it vegetarian friendly. Either works great. Have you made your own Chicken Stock From Scratch or Vegetable Stock From Scratch, yet?
- Cream of Celery Soup - Another one of our favorite cream of soups to make ourselves!
- Salt, Pepper, and just a touch of cayenne
As with a lot of our Crock Pot meals, it's just a toss of everything (except the cheese) into the trusty Crock Pot and cooked on low for 10 hrs. High for 4 hours or low on 6-8 would also be fine. The only reason we did 10 is solely because that's how long I'm usually away from the house on a workday.
After 10 hrs it was ready to be blended.
Once it's all blended smooth then it's time to add all of the cheese, letting it melt and giving it a good mix in with the soup.
A little more cheese (because why not) and then a touch of parsley (really that's only for color), served with a fresh homemade bread, and you have an easy low maintenance dinner that's perfect for a busy weeknight when you want to be able to maximize Grandma snuggle and book reading time.
Other Favorite Fall Soups
Serve it With
Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup From Scratch
- Immersion Blender or Blender
- 1 1/2 lb of fresh broccoli - cut into florets
- 1/2 large white onion - diced
- 1 large carrot - peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Condensed Cream of Celery Soup From Scratch or two cans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Add broccoli, onion, carrot, and garlic to a Crock Pot. Mix pepper, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl and sprinkle over veggies. Mix and then add condensed cream of celery soup and chicken stock. Cook on low for 6-10 hrs or high for 4 hrs. Keep on warm.
- With an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy.
- Add cheese to soup 1 cup at a time and mix well so cheese melts. Add all of the cheese and mix until fully melted and creamy.
- Serve immediately.