Salsa is one of the easiest things you can make From Scratch at home- this Fresh Green Salsa is SO fresh and so delicious, you’ll never buy it in a jar again!
The ingredients: fresh tomatillos, fresh garlic, fresh shallots, fresh cilantro, fresh jalapeno, fresh Anaheim chile peppers… are you catching my drift here?Even better, with a great food processor (like this one, the Cuisinart Pro Classic) the veggie prep is nearly non-existent. Just a quick peel here and chop there, and then toss it all right in.I wish you all had smell-o-vision. This seriously smells like you just fresh picked tomatillos in Mexico on a hot August day while the feast Abuela is cooking up in the house wafts out into the field where you’re picking. Yup. Just like that. Green salsa from a jar? Pshh. It’ll take you way longer to buy it in the grocery store and then fight to get the lid open. This took me less than 5 minutes and wait ’til you see the deliciousness we’re cooking with it! 😉
- 8 tomatillos husked and halved
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 anaheim chile peppers, halved and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1 jalapeno, halved and (most of) the seeds cleaned
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until coarsely chopped or to the consistency preferred. Cover and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Yield approx. 1 1/2 cups