Salsa is one of the easiest things you can make at home and this Fresh Green Salsa From Scratch is SO fresh and so delicious, you'll never buy it in a jar again!
Here's a quickie for ya, friends. And by quickie, I mean this Fresh Green Salsa from scratch is exactly that, quick! And easy. And sooo fresh.
- Fresh tomatillos
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh shallots
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh jalapeno
- Fresh anaheim chili peppers
... are you catching my drift here?
SO Easy to Make
Just a quick peel here and a chop there of the veggies and then toss 'em in your food processor (like this one, the Cuisinart Pro Classic) and boom. Done. Does it get any easier??
I wish you all had smell-o-vision. It's vibrant and clean and just screams, "Bring me some chips and a Margarita!"
What to Serve with Fresh Green Salsa:
Green salsa from a jar? Pshh. It'll take you longer to buy it in the grocery store and then fight to get the lid open. This took me less than 5 minutes and the way it made our whole house smell made it even more worth it!
Fresh Green Salsa From Scratch
- 8 tomatillos husked and halved
- 3 shallots peeled and halved
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 anaheim chile peppers halved and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1 jalapeno halved and (most of) the seeds cleaned
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until coarsely chopped or to the consistency preferred. Cover and store in fridge until ready to use.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!