Salsa is one of the easiest things you can make at home and this Fresh Green Salsa From Scratch is SO fresh and so delicious, you’ll never buy it in a jar again!
Here’s a quickie for ya, friends. And by quickie, I mean this Fresh Green Salsa from scratch is exactly that, quick! And easy. And sooo fresh.
- Fresh tomatillos
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh shallots
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh jalapeno
- Fresh anaheim chili peppers
… are you catching my drift here?
How to Make Fresh:
Just a quick peel here and a chop there of the veggies and then toss ’em in your food processor (like this one, the Cuisinart Pro Classic) and boom. Done.
I wish you all had smell-o-vision. It’s vibrant and clean and just screams, “Bring me some chips and a Margarita!”
What to Serve with Fresh Green Salsa:
Or bust out the Crock Pot and make yourself some Pork Verde!
Green salsa from a jar? Pshh. It’ll take you longer to buy it in the grocery store and then fight to get the lid open. This took me less than 5 minutes and the way it made our whole house smell made it even more worth it!
Fresh Green Salsa From Scratch
- Food Processor
- 8 to matillos husked and halved
- 3 shallots peeled and halved
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 anaheim chile peppers halved and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1 jalapeno halved and (most of) the seeds cleaned
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until coarsely chopped or to the consistency preferred. Cover and store in fridge until ready to use.