These No Bake Carrot Cake Balls are a healthy, fast, and easy alternative to carrot cake! Fulfill that carrot cake craving with a healthy, no added sugar choice that doesn't involve your oven!
Love carrot cake? Who doesn't? Watching your calories though and want something that has all of the carrot cake flavor but not the "cake"? These No Bake Carrot Cake Balls are just that. They give me the flavor I want from a carrot cake, but are healthy and clean enough with all natural sweeteners that make a great snack for my girls!
- Carrots - Fresh carrots packed full of potassium and vitamins A!
- Oats - The base which are naturally gluten free (although check the label to be sure) and are also one of the healthiest grains.
- Walnuts - In my carrot cake world, they don't exist without them! They add the perfect buttery crunch!
- Dates - A natural sweetener binder.
- Honey - Another natural sweetener that you can also substitute agave or maple syrup.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Ground Ginger - All of my favorite spices for our carrot cake! Ginger is totally optional if it's not your thing, but I really love the flavor it adds!
- Flax Seed - You know we're sneaking in a superfood!
- Coconut - We love to roll these little bites in some shredded coconut. While we use unsweetened, you could also use sweetened if you want that added touch, but we personally think that there's enough sweetness in the ball itself.
Fast and No Bake
Step 1: Shred the carrots.
Step 2: Toss everything else into your trusty food process or and blend until it's a coarse crumbled mixture.
It will seem dry and you may wonder how it all will stick together, have no fear!
Step 3: Add that mixture to a bowl with the carrots and then mix it all together well.
Were you worried about how dry the oat mixture was? Once you add those carrots, there will be plenty of moisture to mix everything together.
Step 4: Roll that mixture into little balls and then give them a little coat in that coconut.
So much nutrition and flavor rolled into a delightful little carrot cake bite!
I love these No Bake Carrot Cake Balls are that they are a delicious treat that my girls love and that I am happy to give because they're:
- 1. Naturally sweetened
- 2. Made with Whole Oats
- 3. Packed with fresh Carrots
This makes these carrot cake bites the healthiest, low calorie, low sugar, high in potassium and vitamin A, little bite of carrot cake you can have! Plus, they're ready in just minutes - with no baking required!
Other Favorite No Bake Balls
Whether you want to coat them in coconut or not, you will love these little bites of carrot cake deliciousness!
Definitely. Just chop up those dates and walnuts really fine and then add the oats and chop them too, together. Then add it all to a bowl with the other spices and mix well before adding the carrots.
No! You definitely want all of that - it will help bind the oat, nut, and date mixture.
Yes. But if you're really trying to "hide" the fresh carrot, grating it all very fine is best.
- 2 large carrots 2/3 cups shredded
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats gluten free
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 4 dates pitted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Peel carrots and finely grate them on a box grater or with a food processor and set aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except coconut, into the bowl of a food processor and blend until it's coarsely ground.
- Add mixture to the bowl with carrots and mix well until it all is well combined.
- Add coconut to a small bowl.
- Roll out 12 small balls and coat in coconut by rolling the balls in the small bowl.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!