Love snickerdoodle cookies? Then here’s everything you love about them all baked into a sweet loaf of Butterscotch Snickerdoodle Bread!
You heard me. Butterscotch Snickerdoodle Bread. Sometimes, there are little gems like this that pop up on my Facebook feed that among all the nasty political discourse and angry rhetoric, it makes me glad I still use it. I was in the mood to make banana bread because I had a craving for a sweet delicious brunch bread, but then came across a recipe via Thrillist that made me realize I’ve been doing it wrong the whole time. Bananas? Bah. Snickerdoodles? Genius.
I ended up finding this recipe that I decided was the most fail proof and delicious. I decided on butterscotch chips mainly because I couldn’t find cinnamon chips. And even though they are definitely not from scratch, from scratch chocolate chips are on my very short list of things that even though I know how to make from scratch, I’ve decided that when a larger quantity is needed, the time investment is not worth the output for me. Therefore, butterscotch chips fall into that category for me by default. Plus, I was feeling especially lazy and once I got the idea of butterscotch snickerdoodles in my brain, there was no going back.Just like banana bread, but batter itself is super easy. Just a fluff and a cream,and a mix in of the chips. Then the batter is split into two well greased loaf pans and a generous dusting (ok coating) of more cinnamon and sugar. Baked for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees and whoa. See that delicious cinnamon sugar crusted top? Yup. It’s heaven.And the inside? It’s soft. It’s sweet. It had the delicious surprise butterscotch bites and it tastes just like a snickerdoodle cookie. Butterscotch Snickerdoodle Bread for the win!
My original plan was to freeze most of it pre-sliced so that we could take out a slice here or there whenever we wanted a little sweet treat. And then I remembered my husband’s favorite cookie is the Snickerdoodle and, well, let’s just say this bread didn’t last long enough for me to freeze 😉
Butterscotch Snickerdoodle Bread
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 package butterscotch chips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs, mix well then add vanilla and sour cream and mix well until combined.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add butterscotch chips and stir into batter.
- Grease two loaf pans (or 4 mini loaf pans**) then spoon in batter until about ⅔ full.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoonss of cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes (or 30-40 for mini pans). Let cool completely before removing from pan.