Everything you love about a creamy ranch dip, but made much healthier! Our Avocado Ranch Dip has all the flavor you want from a ranch dip, but made with Greek yogurt and avocados for a creamy mayo-free dip for veggies or chips!
Anyone else love a good ol' creamy ranch dip but wish that it was just a little bit healthier? Same. So instead of a mayonnaise or sour cream base for this dip, we use avocados and Greek yogurt, making this Avocado Ranch Dip a healthier version of the classic that you love!
- Avocados - Packed full of good fat, fiber, vitamins C, E, K, and B6, potassium, they add a healthy but richness that's perfect to add to creaminess.
- Ranch Dressing Mix - For that classic ranch flavor! But oh, did you know that you can cut out the store-bought and make your own from scratch?
- Greek Yogurt - Unlike mayonnaise or sour cream which is what you normally find in a ranch dip. This is a great healthier alternative!
- Nutritional Yeast - I love to add this to our dips and dressings when I don't want to add a hard cheese because it adds the same nutty savory cheese-like flavor, which is a great compliment to the ranch dressing mix.
- Fresh Parsley - Just a touch for the right amount of herb freshness.
- Lemon Juice - For the right amount of bright acidity!
- Salt - Just a touch! If using a store bought ranch dressing packet, I would wait to add the salt after you've tasted it all, just to be sure. Those packets contain a higher level of sodium than my homemade ranch dressing mix.
Ready in Minutes
Literally minutes. This Avocado Ranch Dip is made just by adding everything to the bowl of your food processor or your blender, and mixing it all! It truly does not get any easier than that!
SO incredible creamy and packed full of a ton of flavor, all the while adding a few healthy ingredients, too!
Health Benefits of Avocados
Avocados are a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrtients and the good fat that you need! What is good fat? It's monounsaturated fats, which research leads to belive that it can help to lower blood pressure and potentially protect against heart disease in addition to anti-inflammatory and antioxidants that all assist with overall cardiovascular health.
Avocados are also packed full of some of the vitamins and nutrients that we need, but that most of us don't get enough of, magnesium, B6, vitamin E, and folate. Not to mention vitamin C, potassium, and fiber!
So fulfill your creamy ranch dip with a healthy hearty side of nutrition with this Avocado Ranch Dip!
Other Avocado Favorites
- Avocado Pasta Salad
- Green Goddess Salad
- Avocado Chickpea "Tuna" Salad
- Avocado Corn Salsa
- Avocado Baked Eggs
My 6 year old absolutely loves this mayo-free dip so much she requests it with carrot sticks as a snack all of the time. A carrot and avocado snack that the kiddos love? That's a total win!
Use your favorite plain Greek yogurt for this avocado ranch dip! Non-fat to full fat (this one at 5% milkfat is our choice), you can use whichever you like best. But just make sure that it's plain - it's purpose is just to add to the creamy base.
You can of course use dried parsley too. Fresh is our first choice, but if dried is all you have, that's fine too! See the recipe notes for the conversion.
Instead of a thick and creamy dip, loosen it up by adding liquid to make it a creamy dressing. You can use oil (like vegetable, avocado, or olive oil) or just some water. Start with a tablespoon at a time and add while blending until you get the consistency that you want.
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
Avocado Ranch Dip
- 2 large avocados
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt no fat - whole
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped, packed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add everything to the bowl of a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
I have not tried an avocado ranch dip before, but I am a Ranch and avocado fan so this dip sounds wonderful!