These easy-to-make Peanut Butter Balls are made with homemade peanut butter, vegan, and incredibly fast to make. The perfect bite of peanut butter chocolate delicousness!
Is there a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate? There's just something about peanut butter and chocolate together. It's amazing. And dangerous. And these little Peanut Butter Balls are just too stinkin' easy to make. We devoured them. And then wished there were more but were happy they were gone.
So Easy to Make
Mix everything but chocolate together. Add it all in a nice big bowl and give it a good mix.
Seriously so easy. And vegan and raw which means they're totally healthy for you, right? Yup, I'm going with that.
We love to use our homemade Peanut Butter, Bob's Red Mill coconut flour, Kashi's whole grain puff cereal, but you can your favorite (this is another good one), plus pure maple syrup, and just a pinch of salt.
The puffed cereal is totally optional, but it does add a nice little bit of crunch on the inside.
Roll out Peanut Butter Mixture. Into nice little balls (clearly, my ball rolling skills need serious help).
Roll in Melted Chocolate. Melt it in a double boiler or microwave.
Let Them Set. Pop them in the freezer for about 30 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
Then, to make sure these little Peanut Butter Balls weren't poisonous or anything before we fed them to our guests, I took a bite. Quality control, ya know. Just doing my due diligence as a proper hostess.
So much peanut butter with just a lil' crunch. Plus a chocolate coating? A perfect combination of flavors and texture!
Peanut Butter Balls for the win - a fast, easy, vegan, and (easily made) gluten-free dessert!
Peanut Butter Balls
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup vigorously, for 30-60 seconds, until it thickens up and everything is well incorporated and thick.
- Stir in the coconut flour, cereal, with a pinch of salt until well combined and you have a texture that isn't too sticky, enough to allow you to easily shape it into balls. You may need a little more or less coconut flour dependent upon the creaminess of the peanut butter you use. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Shape into about 18 small balls.
- In a small pot add water and heat until it comes to a boil, then add the chocolate bar and coconut oil to a bowl placed over the pot to create a double boiler. (Or heat in microwave) Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once half the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and stir until completely smooth.
- Gently dip the balls into the melted chocolate with a fork or a spoon. Tap off excess chocolate on the side of the pot and place the ball on a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment. Repeat for the rest.
- Freeze the balls for another 15-30 minutes, until the chocolate is completely set.
- Enjoy! Store in fridge or freezer.