Super easy, No Bake, Vegan, and Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls. A perfect healthy, but semi-sweet treat to give you a boost when you need it!
Where my other tired toddler moms at? How many of you have found yourself finishing your kid's half eaten scrambled eggs or peanut butter sandwich because you realized you forgot to make yourself something to eat? Guilty. Then I find myself exhausted, hungry, and ultimately craving something sweet and probably unhealthy. My solution, these adorable healthy little Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls!My favorite thing about these little guys is that they're made of pretty staple ingredients. Although I love our Vegan Cashew Cacao Bliss Balls, we don't always have cashews or dates in the house to be able to whip them up on a whim. But we always have everything in these Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls in our house, which means there's no special trip to the store or remembering to add something extra to your grocery list. Not having to think / remember something extra in our already busy schedules, that's a huge win in my book. Oh, and it's also a great way to use some of your own Peanut Butter From Scratch!
Even better (and coincidentally unintentional), these little energy balls are both vegan and gluten free!
Despite the "chocolate" in the title, they're mostly peanut butter with really only a touch of chocolate in them. Also, I actually like doing a mixture of cocoa powder and superfood cacao powder with the perfect added sweet crunch of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Plus there's a little touch of coconut in them for a little extra summin' summin'.
These little guys'll be in our freezer just waiting for when I'm facing a "I forgot to make myself lunch and now I'm about to get Han-gry..." situation. 😉
Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons 100% baking unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (optional - sub for all cocoa powder)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan or not) I love Everyday Foods vegan chocolate chips!
- In a medium bowl mix together peanut butter, honey, vanilla, cocoa, and cacao powder. If the mixture is a little thick, just add a little water a tablespoon at a time.
- The add oats, coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture into 1 - 1 1/2 inch balls, approximately 16. If the mixture is very very sticky, pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes first.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.