Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate together? These super easy, no bake, vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls are the perfect healthy, but semi-sweet treat to give you a boost when you need it!
Where my other tired toddler moms at? How many of you have found yourself finishing your kid's half eaten scrambled eggs or peanut butter sandwich because you realized you forgot to make yourself something to eat? Guilty. Then I find myself exhausted, hungry, and ultimately craving something sweet and probably unhealthy. My solution, these adorable healthy little Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls! Simple, no bake, and packed full of enough protein to give you a little energy boost when you need to chase around that little one on little sleep!
My favorite thing about these little guys is that they're made of pretty staple ingredients.
- Peanut Butter - Protein packed to help reduce hunger and keep you full! Make it even better with Homemade Peanut Butter!
- Oats - Rich in Antioxidants and fiber! Pure oats are gluten-free but sometimes they may contain gluten because of the factory they're produced in, so to be 100% sure, find oats that are specifically labeled gluten free.
- Chia Seeds - Packed full of fiber, antioxidants, and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids!
- Cocoa and Cacao Powder - The chocolate but with the added superfood power of cacao powder!
- Coconut - We prefer unsweetened but you could also use sweetened for a little extra sweetness.
- Maple Syrup - But this is where the sweet flavor comes from, it's our go-to all natural sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract and a touch of Salt - For a little extra flavor. By the way, have you made your own, yet?
Easy. Eeeaaassyy. That's #1 right when you have a toddler running around and you can't remember when you took your last shower. That's why there come together in under 10 minutes.
- Mix your maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cocoa, and cacao.
- Add your oats, chia seeds, coconut, and pinch of salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
So easy that even my toddler can help make them! She's always ready to help mix (and taste test!).
Even better, you can absolutely customize these to your tastes and preferences by substituting in your favorites.
- Use almond butter or your other favorite nut butter.
- Use all cocoa or all cacao instead of a mixture.
- Use your favorite seeds for the chia seeds.
- Use a vegan chocolate chip or other white chocolate chips.
- Use honey or agave instead of maple syrup.
No matter what you choose to swap in or out, once you have everything mixed together, then it's an easy roll of it all into nice little energy and protein packed little balls!
Store them in the fridge or freezer for the perfect grab n' go snack - for you or the kids!
We love them with full sized chocolate chips, too!
Our Other Favorite Sweet Snacks
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Vegan Cashew Cacao Bliss Balls
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Inside Out Peanut Butter Cups
- Copycat Butterfinger Candy Bites
- Chocolate Crunch Bars
Chocolate snacks that can be healthy while still being delicious, too!
They're one of my girls' favorite snacks - and one that I am happy to fulfill! For them, and me!
If you choose a vegan chocolate chip, then yes!
Be sure to check your oats and ensure that they're gluten free, and then yes!
These will store in the fridge for two weeks and in the freezer for up to 6 months.
This will depend on the size that you make the balls, but see the recipe notes for values.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls
- In a medium bowl mix together peanut butter, honey, vanilla, cocoa, and cacao powder. If the mixture is a little thick, just add a little water a tablespoon at a time.
- The add oats, coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture into 1 - 1 1/2 inch balls, approximately 19. If the mixture is very very sticky, pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes first.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks or up to 6 months in freezer.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!