This Roasted Butternut Squash Soup from scratch is creamy and delicious and made with simple, healthy, flavorful ingredients.
Creamy, healthy, simple and delicious! This Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is an incredibly easy to make roasted squash soup that's nutritious and hearty enough for healthy, vegetarian meal!
Simple ingredients, but still so much flavor - especially if you have a super flavorful homemade stock.
Another main source of this flavor is roasting the squash with the onion and garlic.
Once it's all roasted, then it's just a matter or adding the stock and blending it all together with either an immersion blender, blender, or Vitamix.
Our Other Comforting Soups
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 small to medium 2 lb Butternut Squash
- 3 1/2 Cups of Chicken stock
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix squash, onion and garlic cloves with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in glass baking dish and pour 1 cup stock over the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bake at 350ºF for 1 1/2 hours or until fairly soft and a little caramelized-looking; check on the pan every 20 minutes or so and if necessary, add additional liquid to keep it from scorching to the bottom of the pan. Stir once during cooking.
- Add squash, garlic, onion, and any liquid from baking dish into a large Dutch oven or stockpot. Add 2 1/2 cups stock and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper to the pot, and cook over medium-low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Purée all ingredients in a blender, half at a time, pending the quality of your blender. Add back to pot and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with buttered bread and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!