This Garlic Butter Chicken is a new family favorite! It comes together easily in 15 minutes, is full of flavor, and is the perfect protein to add to any meal!
Say hello to our latest and greatest chicken recipe! This Garlic Butter Chicken is everything that we love in a chicken recipe: it's easy, it's delicious, and it's packed full of garlic, which is basically its own food group to us. Plus, it comes together in just 15 minutes, because even though we're all home right now still, somehow, it doesn't necessarily mean we have more time to cook!
- Chicken - This recipe is best with halved chicken breasts, but you could also use tenders, filets, or boneless thighs. To keep it under 20 minutes, you want to be sure to use a cut that's boneless. Once you add a bone, you add a ton of cooking time.
- Butter - No olive oil in this recipe, you want all of the flavor from butta. Salted is best, but if you only have unsalted, that'll work too.
- Dried herbs - Don't worry if you don't have all of these, you can totally customize it to your taste!
- Fresh Garlic - This is one you cannot sub!
Not a lot of steps because it's so easy!
- Halve the chicken.
- Mix all of the spices (except the red pepper) in a bowl.
- Generously season the chicken on both sides.
- Heat some butter in a pan and add the chicken and cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes
- Remove from pan and add the remaining butter, garlic, and crushed red pepper (if desired).
- Then add that chicken back to the pan and finish cooking. Top with some fresh parsley and serve!
Side Dishes to Serve With
Remember when I said that garlic is a food group around here? Yup. I wan't joking.
If you love chicken and garlic together, we've got you covered.
Other Garlic Chicken Recipes
And donnnee. That garlic butter sauce? Yes, you'll want to scoop that up onto your chicken. Mmmhmm. My kids licked it off of their plate. If that's not a testament to how good it is, I don't know what else is!
Yes, you definitely can. But keep it boneless to keep it at the 15 minute mark. Once you add a bone, you're adding cooking time, too.
OF COURSE. I've made this without the basil, have subbed the marjoram for oregano, and added more onion when we didn't have any garlic powder. Want a little more heat? Add more chili powder! Don't like heat at all - omit it, no problem.
Garlic Butter Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon marjoram or oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced to garnish
- Mix salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, basil, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts in half to make 4 pieces. Season both sides of each piece with seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 more tablespoon of butter and then add the chicken breasts to hot pan. Cook chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and add two more tablespoons of butter plus the garlic to the pan plus crushed red pepper. Stir for a minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and lemon juice and cook for another minute, scraping up bit from pan as it de-glazes.
- Return chicken to the pan and baste with butter garlic sauce and cook for another minute. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!