Tons of garlic and a touch of sweet make these Garlic Honey Chicken Thighs perfect for any dinner!
Chicken and garlic: two ingredients you will invariably find in our kitchen. This household loves us some garlic and chicken and recently they came together for some Garlic Chicken Piccata which was uber tasty. Then I realized that although we use garlic in nearly all of our dishes, we don’t have many garlic chicken recipes. >Gasp< Therefore, I give you these Garlic Honey Chicken Thighs. The past 6 weeks have been pretty amazing, crazy, exhausting, and did I mention amazing? It’s hard to believe our little human has been with us for that long already! We’re incredibly lucky that she is a really great baby, but even a great baby doesn’t leave us as much time as we used to have to cook. That’s why I love super easy chicken dishes like this and our Maple Soy Glazed Chicken thighs that allow us to eat well while caring for an itty bitty human.
This dish is super easy and requires pretty simple ingredients that are found in most kitchens. No brown sugar? No problem! Did you know you can make your own brown sugar from scratch? First, just a quick sear of the chicken in some butter, then creating a butter, garlic, brown sugar, honey, and oregano sauce,and finished in the oven.Do you see that sauce? It’s amazing. Like eat by the spoonful amazing. Garlicky, sweet, deliciousness.
We served these little beauties with some 10 Minute Garlic Kale. Did I mention how much this household loves garlic? 😉
Garlic Honey Chicken Thighs
- 6 bone in chicken thighs
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons salted butter divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste, then season with onion and garlic powder.
- In a large sauté pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium high heat. Add chicken skin side down and sear 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan and turn heat down to medium. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add honey, brown sugar, and oregano and stir until combined. Remove pan from heat.
- Return chicken (skin side up) to the pan and roast in oven for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 175 degrees).
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.