This is one of our favorite dishes! It's filled with tons of garlic and a touch of sweetness which makes these Garlic Honey Chicken Thighs perfect for any dinner!
Chicken and garlic: two ingredients you will invariably find in our kitchen. This household loves us some garlic and chicken and recently they came together for some Garlic Chicken Piccata which was uber tasty. Then I realized that although we use garlic in nearly all of our dishes, we don't have many garlic chicken recipes. >Gasp< Therefore, I give you these Garlic Honey Chicken Thighs.
- Bone-in chicken thighs
- Fresh garlic
- A good raw honey (think local!)
- Brown sugar (light or dark, whatever you have)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
This is one of my favorite proteins to add to a weeknight meal because we pretty much always have all of these things on hand. And oh, hey no brown sugar? No problem! Did you know you can make your own brown sugar from scratch?
Easy to Make
Another reason why we love this recipe is that it's easy. Like real easy.
- Sear chicken - melt some butter in a super hot pan and get that sizzzzllleee onnn.
- Remove the chicken from the pan
- Create the sauce - turn down heat and more butter and then add garlic, saute for a minute or two until it smells delicious, then add the honey, sugar, brown sugar, and spices!
- Return the chicken to the pan and then finish in the oven for 25-30 minutes
I just love how low maintenance this meal is. Once it's in the oven, then you have about 30 minutes to make a side to go with it. Here are some of our favorite sides:
Other Great Chicken Thigh Recipes:
Looking for some more great chicken thigh recipes? Here are our favorites!
Garlic Honey Chicken Thighs
- 6 bone in chicken thighs
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons salted butter divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste, then season with onion and garlic powder.
- In a large sauté pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium high heat. Add chicken skin side down and sear 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan and turn heat down to medium. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add honey, brown sugar, and oregano and stir until combined. Remove pan from heat.
- Return chicken (skin side up) to the pan and roast in oven for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 175 degrees).
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!