Bright lemon and earthy pepper paired with butter and garlic make this Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe an absolutely delicious chicken breast recipe. Made in just 20 minutes, this chicken is easy to make but packed full of flavor!
We love a quick and easy chicken meal and this Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe is exactly the kind of 20-minute meal we love! It's packed full of flavor, easy to make, and pairs perfectly with any side dish you want to serve it with! Even better, make your very own Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning and you have a meal from scratch!
- Chicken breasts - Halved for thinner pieces. You could also use chicken tenderloins or boneless thighs.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning - The heart of the flavor for this lemon pepper chicken recipe! Did you know how easy it was to make your own?
- Butter and Olive Oil - We prefer salted for cooking, but you could also use unsalted and adjust the salt in the recipe.
- Garlic - Is there ever a chicken recipe we make without garlic?
- Chicken Stock - You could also use your other favorite stock. But have you made your own chicken stock from scratch, yet?
- Flour - This will help thicken you sauce.
- Lemon Juice and Pepper- Added lemon and pepper to this lemon pepper chicken!
Easy to Make
We love this recipe because it's so simple to make! Just a good amount of butter in a hot pan with chicken to cook, before adding even more chicken, garlic, and flour to thicken.
Finally, return the chicken to the pan and then baste with the butter and garlic sauce.
Add some fresh lemon slices (if desired) and you have a quick and easy weeknight Lemon Garlic Chicken!
Ready super fast, full of a ton of flavor, and made from scratch thanks to a homemade lemon pepper seasoning!
Serve it With
- Easy 10-Minute Garlic Broccoli
- Crispy Garlic Rosemary Potato Wedges
- Easy Homemade Rice Pilaf
- Garlic Kale
- Garlic and Gruyere Roasted Asparagus
- Greek Orzo Salad
You Also Might Like
- 15 Minute Garlic Butter Chicken
- Garlic Chicken Piccata
- Garlic Honey Chicken Thighs
- Maple Soy Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Cast Iron Skillet or saute pan
- Halve chicken breasts and season both sides with salt and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or large saute pan to medium-high and melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add seasoned chicken to the pan. Cook chicken for 4 minutes on one side and 4-5 minutes on the other, turning the heat down to medium until the internal temperature of then chicken reaches at least 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add final 2 tablespoons of butter and garlic and saute. Add chicken stock and lemon juice to the pan to deglaze the pan.
- Whisk in flour and cook for another 2-3 minutes until it thickens. Add sliced lemon to the pan, if preferred.
- Return chicken to the pan and baste with sauce.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!