This Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Pomegranate Salad is an easy-to-make, festive, healthy salad to add to your holiday table!
Love brussels sprouts? Love pomegranates? Us too. Together = an amazing healthy holiday salad! This Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Pomegranate Salad is one of our favorite brussels sprouts recipes! Not only can it be made in advance, but it also has so many incredibly flavors and textures!
This is such an easy salad to throw together with simple, fresh, ingredients.
- Brussels Sprouts - Fresh and trimmed.
- Pomegranate Seeds - So festive! And they add an amazing fresh, fruity pop of flavor!
- Walnuts - An amazing buttery crunch!
- Olive Oil, Fresh Lemon Juice and Salt - For our favorite easy lemon vinaigrette.
- Parmesan Cheese - For another great salty touch of flavor.
There are a lot of pomegranate salads out there. But a lot of them have a lot of ingredients and anyone who knows SFS knows that we're more simplistic and we really want the flavors of the brussels sprouts and pomegranates to come through, highlighted by the fresh, lemon vinaigrette.
Step 1: Add olive oil and salt to brussels sprouts, mix, and roast until nice and tender.
Step 2: Meanwhile, toast walnuts.
Step 3: Then you have some tender roasted brussels sprouts and then you just need to de-seed some pomegranates.
I'm terrible at this. Like really bad. But my husband's actually gotten really good at it, with the help of some youtube videos. I've already done it wrong by breaking it in half like this, I'm sure. I watched the videos too, and I'm still terrible at it. So he's now our designated pomegranate de-seeder. He does it like this:
Step 4: Add the brussels, walnuts, and pomegranates to a bowl.
Step 5: Mix the Lemon Vinaigrette and then add to the bowl and mix.
Step 6: Top with some Parmesan Cheese and serve!
We love this salad so much. Serve it warm or make it in advance and serve it cold. Both are delicious! Love Brussels, then check out our Parmesan Pepper Brussels Sprouts, too.
Our Other Favorite Salads
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts cleaned and trimmed
- 1 pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese thin slices or 1/3 cup shredded.
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil + 1-2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt + more for seasoning
- fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450º.
- Clean and trim ends and loose leaves off of brussels sprouts and add to a bowl. Drizzle 1 - 2 tablespoons over them and mix well. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Add to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Stir twice while cooking.
- Meanwhile, toast walnuts in a saute pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Watch to make sure they don't burn!
- De-seed pomegranate.
- Make vinaigrette by mixing lemon juice, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- When brussels sprouts are done, transfer to a bowl and add walnuts and pomegranates. Mix well and then drizzle vinaigrette over top and mix again.
- Plate and add sliced or shredded cheese and mix well and serve!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!