One of the easiest sides you can make! Our Easy Maple Roasted Carrots recipe is just the right amount of sweet, delicious buttery crunch, and just a hint of savory from fresh thyme. These maple glazed carrots are perfect to serve with a holiday ham, or just because!
With Easter right around the corner, are you getting your sides ready? Our latest recipe is one that is a perfect pairing for a holiday ham and one that my kiddos haven't stopped asking for! Our Easy Maple Roasted Carrots recipe is ready in 30 minutes and these maple glazed carrots are complimented by crunchy butter walnuts. Sweet and crunchy, with just a kiss of savory thyme.
- Carrots - We always prefer whole carrots, but this is also an absolutely delicious recipe to use baby carrots, too.
- Walnuts - This is our favorite nut for this recipe because they have a wonderful buttery quality that's complimented by the butter. But pecans are also a delicious choice!
- Maple Syrup - You can't have maple-glazed carrots without maple syrup! Real maple syrup is a must, too!
- Brown Sugar - Just a touch to add a sweet molasses flavor perfect for these carrots!
- Butter - Salted is our choice, but you can of course use unsalted, too.
- Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, and Salt - The perfect compliments to this carrot recipe with maple syrup!
- Thyme - Just a touch. Just enough to finish the dish with to add a kiss of savory flavor.
Cut the Carrots
Peel and cut into about 2-inch chunks is the perfect bite-sized piece for this recipe. For the thicker part of the carrot, slice the min half so that they're all close to the same size and will cook evenly.
Make the Glaze
It doesn't get much easier than this - just toss your butter, maple syrup, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and salt into a pot and gently melt the butter and whisk so that all of the sugar is combined.
Add Glaze and Mix
Once that glaze is ready, add it to a bowl of your carrots and gently chopped walnuts, stir, and you're ready to roast!
Line a large baking sheet with foil and then spread it all out on an even layer.
A quick 20 minutes in the oven and done! Easy Maple Roasted Carrots! Do you see that glaze? Do you see those crunchy walnuts? Oh yeah, these are maple glazed carrots that you will not want to miss!
Of course! We prefer whole carrots for most recipes, but baby carrots are totally fine for this carrot recipe with maple syrup. But I will say, there's something about the look of these carrots cut up that just look a smidge fancier, in my opinion.
You can absolutely make this recipe vegan by doing a very simple swap of the dairy butter for your favorite vegan substitute!
No gluten in sight for this one!
The temp and cooking time is just right for these 2 inch-ish sized pieces of carrot and will make tender but not mushy maple glazed carrots. But if you're using carrots that have big thick ends, just give them an extra slice in half so they're closer to the size of the other carrots.
Totally optional, but just a few springs of fresh thyme really add the right little savory touch!
Maple Roasted Carrots, ready in 30 and sure to be loved by all! Such a delicious side for your Easter dinner table, or really any other table the rest of the year!
Other Carrot Favorites
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- No Bake Carrot Cake Balls
Other Delicious Quick Veggie Sides
- Balsamic Spinach and Mushrooms
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Easy 10 Minute Broccoli
- 15 Minute Mustard Green Beans
- Garlic Kale
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
Easy Maple Roasted Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 cup walnuts gently chopped
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme to finish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt to a small saucepan and heat over medium to melt butter and dissolve sugar. Whisk until the sugar is all dissolved and the butter melted.
- Add the carrots and walnuts to a large bowl. Pour butter and maple sauce over them and mix well.
- Pour carrots onto the foil-lined sheet. Spread into an even layer. Add to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add carrots to a serving dish. Use a spatula to add the remaining glaze on the foil to the carrots. Mix well and finish with fresh thyme.
Amy Liu Dong
I am a fan of making an easy recipe like this, and these roasted carrots are perfect for tonight's dinner.
Oh my, this carrot dish looks so yummy! I just love the presentation, the color, and the vibe it gives are just so great making it so enticing and tempting! Loving this dish already!
These carrots are super delicious! I made them as a side dish the other night, and everyone loved them!