Spicy Beef Kabobs are made with a super easy marinade, it has the perfect amount of kick, which makes it the perfect marinade for a meat and veggie filled kabobs ready for your grill!
Summer is so close I can almost taste it! And we’re almost ready. We moved into a new house which has a huge backyard that just begs for BBQs. Bring it, Summer! A must for our many future BBQs: these Spicy Beef Kabobs. Husband tested and approved!
The real winner of these kabobs: the marinade. And it is so easy to make.
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Fresh garlic – you can use pre minced, but fresh is always our choice
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
This is one of our easiest recipes that we use all summer long!
- Mix all marinade ingredients together
We put everything in our food processor (This is the one we love!)
- Pour marinade over beef and veggies, mix, bag and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
Now, you have them made ahead! You want to let them marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hrs! Which means this is great prep for :
- A Backyard BBQ
- An easy weeknight dinner
Assembling the Skewers
Now whenever you’re ready to eat, you can just skewer them up!
Annnnnd GRILL. Yaaaas.
You can use either metal or wooden. But just remember if you use wooden, you need to soak them in water for 20 minutes before you add beef and veggies and grill.
Anything! Beef? Yum. Chicken? Delish. Vegetables? Tasty. A combination of all? Perfection.
You can make the marinade up to 2 days in advance and then marinate the beef / veggies for up to 24 hrs.
Nope! You can also add everything to a bowl and whisk it all together. Just make sure that it’s all really well combined.
Spicy smokey deliciousness. Is there anything better than eating food off of a stick?
Other Great Grilled Recipes
Spicy Beef Kabobs: The perfect shareable summer party offering with a super delicious marinade from Scratch!
Spicy Beef Kabobs
- Food Processor (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs of steak cubed
- 2 small onions chopped in large pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped in large pieces
- 1 green bell pepper chopped in large pieces
- 1 zucchini halved then sliced
- 1 yellow squash halved then sliced
- 10 white mushrooms halved
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the garlic, paprika, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar. With the processor running drizzle in the olive oil to combine.
- Prep your veggies by cutting them all to the same size (as close as possible) and place in a large bowl. Add steak and then pour marinade over veggies and steak and mix well. Transfers to two large zip lock bags. Remove as much air as possible and seal.
- Store in fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- If using wooded skewers, soak for 20 minutes. Heat grill to medium high heat and remove zip lock bags from fridge to let steak and veggies come to room temperature.
- Add veggies and steak to skewer in whatever combo desired.
- Place on the grill and cook, with lid lowered, 2 to 3 minutes per side, 8 to 12 minutes in all (8 minutes for rare and 12 for medium).