Spicy Beef Kabobs are made with an easy marinade that’s perfect for these meat and veggie filled kabobs with just the right amount of kick!
Summer is so close I can almost taste it! And we’re almost ready. We moved into a new house which had a pretty dismal, although HUGE backyard that’s taken weeks to clear out and prep and now we’ve got grass seed down, we’ve got veggies in the garden boxes, and we’ve got a fire pit already full of ashes from it’s inaugural BBQ. Bring it, Summer! A must for our many future BBQs: these Spicy Beef Kabobs. Husband tested and approved!
Best part- the marinade is uber easy to make from scratch. Then it just marinates in your fridge for a couple of hours or all day for whenever you’re ready. All you need is some olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, pepper, and turmeric.
Tossed in your food processor,
poured on a big ol’ bowl of fresh veggies and some cubed steak,
…and you’re all set to let these bad boys marinate for at least two hours to soak up all the deliciousness.
Whenever you’re ready to eat, just skewer them up. Meat only, meat and veggies, veggies only, whatever floats your kabob boat. Also, since we only have a couple of metal skewers, so we use these wooden ones that we soak in water for about 20 minutes first.
I felt guilty we weren’t having a BBQ and it was just us!
I got over that pretty quickly.
Spicy smokey deliciousness.
The perfect shareable summer party offering with a super delicious marinade from Scratch!
Spicy Beef Kabobs
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs of steak cubed
- 2 small onions chopped in large pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped in large pieces
- 1 green bell pepper chopped in large pieces
- 1 zucchini halved then sliced
- 1 yellow squash halved then sliced
- 10 white mushrooms halved
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the garlic, paprika, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar. With the processor running drizzle in the olive oil.
- Chop veggies so that they're all close to the same size and place in a large bowl. Add steak. Pour marinade over veggies and steak and mix well. Transfers to two large zip lock bags. Remove as much air as possible and seal.
- Store in fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- If using wooded skewers, soak for 20 minutes. Heat grill to medium high heat and remove zip lock bags from fridge to let steak and veggies come to room temperature.
- Add veggies and steak to skewer in whatever combo desired.
- Place on the grill and cook, with lid lowered, 2 to 3 minutes per side, 8 to 12 minutes in all (8 minutes for rare and 12 for medium).