Are you looking for a delicious but easy side dish? These Grilled Parmesan Garlic Tomatoes are the perfect summer appetizer and proves that everything's better with grill marks and cheese!
Ok, I know I say this every year, but how is it that summers are sooo incredibly busy?! Despite the extra sunlight, it just seems like there aren't enough hours in the day! The house is a disaster. The fridge is a barren wasteland. The laundry overflow-eth. Cue a super easy summer snack: Grilled Parmesan Garlic Tomatoes.
- Fresh tomatoes - our garden we had these beautiful San Marzano tomatoes but Romas would also be lovely.
- Fresh garlic. Lots and lot of garlic!
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning: onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper
How to Make:
It's so easy. Which duh, it's summer, all recipes should be quick and easy. So to make this recipe, all you need to do is a quick saute of a ton of garlic in the olive oil with salt, rosemary, and onion powder,Then add those sliced beautiful tomatoes on the grill,and generously brush them with the olive oil garlic deliciousness.Then finally finish them with a generous amount of fresh grated Parmesan cheese!
Ease-AY Pease-AY. A delightful appetizer, snack, or side for a summer dinner!
While the grills hot, why not serve it with some of our other Grilled favorites?
Serve with Some Sides
Or just make them on their own and eat them with a bottle of a crisp cool white wine! That's what I normally do.
Grilled Parmesan Garlic Tomatoes
- 9 San Marzano Tomatoes halved
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup fresh ground Parmesan cheese
- Clean, and oil grill then pre-heat to medium low.
- Add tomatoes, sliced side down, onto grill. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until light grill marks begin to show.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan, add garlic, salt, onion powder, pepper, and rosemary. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat and add to a small bowl and set aside.
- Gently flip each tomato half and generously brush with garlic mixture and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Close grill and finish cooking for another 7-10 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
- Gently remove from grill and serve immediately.