These Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts are a super flavorful way to make your weeknight meals even easier with an incredibly flavorful, super easy-to-make grilled chicken breast!
Who else loves healthy, simple, fast, and easy dinners? I knew we weren't alone. Cooking from scratch often conjures up images of slaving away in a kitchen for hours on end. Au contraire, that's not what it means at all. At least not in this super busy household. That's why these Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts are a favorite in our house!
There are a ton of pre-made bottled chicken marinades out there that you can buy. But really, making your own takes only a few more minutes than opening a bottle. And it's so much fresher with perfect flavors for Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts!
- Chicken Breasts - Boneless and sliced in halves.
- Fresh parsley - Any kind of curly, flat leaf, whatever you have. Fresh is best, but you can sub dried if you need to.
- Fresh Garlic - Also ok to use pre-minced if that's all you have, but fresh is best.
- Fresh Lemon Juice - You can... well you know the drill (see above).
- Dried Oregano - Reverse on this one - dried works but if you have fresh, awesome!
- Kosher Salt, smoke paprika, fresh cracked black pepper, and olive oil.
It really doesn't get much easier for a grilled chicken breast.
- Pierce chicken breasts with a fork and then generously season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a plastic bag and add chicken and mix well.
- Let marinate and then grill!
Done. Easy, right? We LOVE this as the chicken for our Avocado Chicken Chopped Salad!
TIP: Make your life easier with this handy dandy tool you can buy on Amazon. We love it and use it for any time we use large plastic food storage bags!
Side Dishes to Serve With
Israeli Couscous Cucumber Salad
Garlic and Gruyere Roasted Asparagus
Other Favorite Grilled Recipes
10 Minute Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers
At the very least 20 minutes but the longer the better! Basically the longer you let it marinate, the more flavorful it will be! You can marinate it for up to 2 days.
Yes. For the 6 tablespoons of fresh parsley, you can sub 6 teaspoons of dried parsley.
Nope - bottled is totally fine.
YES! You can sub it for 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh oregano, minced.
So Easy. So flavorful. And so not full of High Fructose Corn Syrup, Xanthan Gum, Sorbate, or Sodium Benzoate you'll find in those bottled marinades!
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts 2 lbs chicken total
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 6 large garlic cloves minced
- 6 tablespoons of fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- To a large plastic food storage bag, add olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, paprika, and oregano and give a little mix.
- Give the chicken breasts a small slice with a knife or pierce with a fork, and then generously season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add to plastic bag with marinade. Seal bag and with your hands, mix the chicken and the marinade together well. Place in fridge and let marinate for 20 minutes or up to two days in the fridge (the longer the better!)
- Pre-heat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag and cook on a grill (or in a grill pan on medium high heat) for about 5-6 minutes per side. Cook until chicken is cooked through and has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
WHat a wonderful recipe. Chicken was moist & flavorful. Making this again for company with Rice Pilaf. Thank you!
So glad you enjoyed it!
Awesome, you deserve 5 stars. I have tried several times. Actually, this is a flavorful marinade. I love it.
What an amazing recipe!! I made this for yesterday's dinner and it was so yumm..I would love to try this again and again... thanks for sharing.
Wonderful to hear!! So glad you enjoyed it!
Last weekend tried the Mediterranean Grilled recipe. It was awesome!! Even my kids love it. Thank you so much for the testy recipe!!
Brad I'm SO glad you and the kids enjoyed it!!!
Cooking Burgers on Gas Grill
Wonderful recipe! Friends came and we cooked together.
Very delicious with my sides: rice and mixed vegetables.
So glad you enjoyed it, Chandra!!
Thanks to the marinade chicken breasts are soft and juicy! Thank you for recipe.
So glad you enjoyed it!
Juicy and flavorful Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs marinated
I just love easy from scratch recipes like this for busy nights and even better are your tips for preparing in advance. Love that this can sit in the marinade for 2 days - meal prepping win!
Well, you certainly aren't the only one who like Mediterranean flavors. We eat chicken so often I think that we're going to grow pin feathers. So we're always looking for yummy recipes to jazz up our chicken nights. . This recipe is so welcome! It's a winner.
This is totally the type of easy dinner that we might make around here. I'm all for making your own spice blends. Looking forward to trying yours on a busy night!