Elevate your favorite grilled dinner by making with these incredibly fast and easy Balsamic Shiitake Mushroom Steaks!
Here’s a quickie for you all, but one that certainly doesn’t taste like it! Balsamic Shiitake Mushroom Steaks! Sure to make any carnivore in your life (or preggo craving steaks) super duper happy.
- Shiitake Mushrooms - We chose these mushrooms because they came in our Imperfect Produce box, but you could use whatever mushrooms you happen to have.
- Balsamic Vinegar - One of my favorite vinegars. For more information about what balsamic vinegar is, check out our Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken.
- Fresh Garlic - Do we ever make anything without it?
- Butter - Key to making the steak tender!
- Fresh Thyme - For a lovely herbaceous touch!
- Steak - Your favorite cut! We love a sirloin or ribeye.
EASY to Make
Even better, these guys come together SO fast. Like ridiculously fast. Like I was almost worried I ruined them because they were done in less than 5 minutes and my steaks weren't off the grill yet, fast! Like you should just wait until your steaks are done and resting to make them, fast!
Just listen to all of that happiness in a pan!
Once the steaks were done we just poured these buttery balsamic bites of delicious on top! Paired with some simple grilled asparagus and oooh man I was soooo wishing I could have opened one of our big red Walla Walla Cabernets to go with this! Only 4 months to go until the baby is born!
Serve it with
- Balsamic Spinach and Mushrooms
- Crispy Garlic Rosemary Potatoes
- Baked Parmesan Steak Fries and Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce
- Garlic and Gruyere Roasted Asparagus
- Garlic Kale
- Easy Homemade Rice Pilaf
Balsamic Shiitake Mushroom Steaks!
Balsamic Shiitake Mushroom Steaks
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms
- 4 -5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to season steaks
- Pat steaks dry then generously season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper. Heat grill to medium and add steaks. Cook to preferred doneness, medium well approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When steaks are done and while they are resting, melt butter in a medium sauté pan on medium high. Add garlic and stir cooking for about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and continue stirring to coat in butter. Add balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, and oregano and continue cooking until liquids have mostly reduced, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Top steaks with mushrooms immediately and serve. Serve with your favorite veggies or potato dishes!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!