Elevate your favorite grilled dinner by making with these incredibly fast and easy Balsamic Shiitake Mushroom Steaks!
Here’s a quicky for you all, but one that certainly doesn’t taste like it! Balsamic Shiitake Mushroom Steaks! Sure to make any carnivore in your life (or preggo craving steaks) super duper happy.
Have you guys heard of Imperfect Produce, yet? Of course you have, I’ve raved about them plenty of times! I seriously love love love their service and especially their mission to end food waste. Plus, who doesn’t love a good deal AND added convenience when it comes to grocery shopping? We already do nearly weekly Fred Meyer ClickList orders, and with Imperfect Produce too, this busy Mom is saving multiple hours a month out of the store! With a full time job, those are precious hours I get to spend surrounded by toddler giggles.
Anyway, there’s my totally unsolicited (and uncompensated, too FYI) plug for both Imperfect Produce and ClickList. But I’m going somewhere with it, I promise. Normally I don’t spring for fancy mushrooms like shiitake. Usually our go to mushroom dish is our super simple, but oh so delicious Butter Garlic Mushrooms. But Imperfect Produce offered a 1/2 lb of these organic beauties for only $2.99 and I couldn’t pass them up. Plus, look at how cute they are! Plus, it’s so exciting to get something new and be forced encouraged to make something new and different. But what to make… annnd then the baby told me STEAK. And whooooo doesn’t love a delicious mushroom topped grilled steak!?
Balsamic Shiitake Mushroom Steaks
- 2 angus petite sirloin steaks
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to season steaks
- Generously season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper. Heat grill to medium and add steaks. Cook to preferred doneness, medium well approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When steaks are done and while they are resting, melt butter in a medium saute pan on medium high. Once it's melted and bubbling, add garlic and stir cooking for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and continue stirring to coat in butter. Add balsamic vinegar, water, salt, pepper, and oregano and continue cooking until liquids have mostly reduced, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Top steaks immediately and serve. Serve with your favorite veggies or potato dishes!