Try these easy, five Ingredient, no bake Christmas Wreath Cookies! They’re the perfect addition to your holiday cookie plate!
We’re just a few days away! Every single year Christmas just seems to creep up faster and faster. There’s still so much to do! So, since we’re (and I’m sure you all) are super busy, here’s a quickie, but also a goodie. Christmas Wreath Cookies!When I was a little girl and before my mom went back to work, she used to spend weeks baking dozens and dozens of different fun types of Christmas Cookies. She’d fill huge tins of them to give to our elementary school teachers as gifts. This year, as I planned out my homemade gifts, I knew I had to add these cookies!Even better, these guys are so easy. Thye’re just like rice crispy treats but with corn flakes and green! No baking and only 5 ingredients. Ok, they are definitely not From Scratch, but they’re just too cute to not make! Plus, I’ll make marshmallows one of these days… once I replace the candy thermometer I broke. Until then, Merry Christmas, friends!
- 1 package of marshmallows (40 marshmallows)
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 cups of corn flake cereal
- Green food coloring
- 1 2 oz container of decorative cinnamon candies
- In a double boiler, melt marshmallows and butter.
- Prep a couple of baking trays by lining them with wax paper.
- Once the marshmallows and butter have melted completely, add the green food coloring. A few drops for a light green, or quite a bit for a darker green, whichever you prefer! Just mix it all in really well. Turn off heat and remove bowl from pot for a minute until water stops boiling.
- Return bowl to pot and then add corn flakes. Mix well so that all of the cereal is covered and colored green.
- Spoon tablespoon sized (or larger if desired) spoonfuls onto the wax paper. It'll be pretty sticky!
- Add 3 little cinnamon candies to the center of each cookie (this is best done while the marshmallows are still really sticky).
- Let completely cool - put in fridge or freezer to speed up the process. They'll still be a little sticky though.
- Serve and enjoy!