When you're craving a salad but need something hearty in addition to healthy. This Greek-ish Salad has all of the flavors that you love in a Greek Salad but with the addition of buttery walnuts and made with homemade feta cheese!
Greek-ish. Yup. Why? Because I wanted to make Greek Salads to use some of our amazing homemade feta which just keeps getting more and more delicious as it ages, but I didn't have any cucumbers and for some reason I decided that walnuts would also be delicious and add the necessary crunch and that a fresh crisp lettuce was needed. Hence, our Greek-ish Salad!
- Red Leaf Lettuce - While a traditional Greek Salad doesn't contain lettuce, ours does. We love Red Leaf or Romaine or it, but you could also use whatever lettuce you want. You're already breaking the rules by adding lettuce, so use whatever lettuce you have / like.
- Tomatoes - We love a cherry or grape tomato, but you could also use whatever you have.
- Olives - The salty, briny, requirement for any Greek Salad.
- Red Onion - Another requirement for a classic Greek Salad.
- Feta Cheese - Have you made your own, yet? It's a lot of work but it is SO rewarding!
- Walnuts - Here's another part of the -ish in Greek-ish Salad. You won't find this buttery crunch in a traditional Greek Salad, but you know, I'm here for it.
- Lemon Vinaigrette - Our favorite for this Greek-ish Salad.
Easy to Make
Step 1: Toast the walnuts. This brings out the nutty buttery flavor of the walnuts.
Step 2: Add all of the vegetables to a bowl.
Step 3: Add the feta cheese.
A bowl of salad that's not quite a Greek Salad but still has all of the flavors you love in a Greek Salad.
Step 4: Add the Super Easy Lemon Vinaigrette.
Step 5: Mix!
Easy. Peasy. Kinda Greek-ish Salad, sans cucumbers but the addition of walnuts, and lettuce.
It's one of our go-to salads when we want something easy that doesn't involve turning on the oven or stove and is still filling and hearty and delicious.
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce washed and ripped lettuce
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup pitted black olives sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 3-4 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- To make the vinaigrette whisk together the juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Prep the vegetables and then combined in a large bowl. Crumble feta on top. Drizzle 1/2 of the vinaigrette on salad and mix well. Add more vinaigrette for desired dressing level (we used just under 3/4 of the prepared amount).
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!