Skip the take-out and make your own quick, flavorful and healthier Super Easy Vegetarian Fried Rice in just 15 minutes!
Hellooooooo! Phew what a month it's been. It has been so crazy around here lately. But no problem, that's why we have 15 minute meals like this Super Easy Vegetarian Fried Rice.
Plus, with our little M becoming a bigger, more curious, and exponentially more fun, I'm on the hunt for recipes that are still of course from scratch, but fast, easy, have simple ingredients, but not lacking in the flavor department.
- Cooked Brown Rice (We like to cook a batch and use it throughout the week)
- Soy Sauce
How to Make Fried Rice:
SO easily, that's how. Especially with pre-cooked brown rice. A quick scramble of the egg in butter, a saute of the veggies, and then a "fry" of rice. Easy. Peasy. And Customizable! Other veggies you could add:
- snow peas
- bell peppers
Or even add a protein like chicken, shrimp, or pork!
This is definitely on our staple go-to menu from now on, especially since it's SO fast, adding it to our list of favorite, fast meals with good company like:
All just as delicious as they are fast!
Super Easy Fried Rice
- 4 cups cooked, brown rice
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salted butter divided
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat a 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat and scrambled the eggs into small pieces. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of butter in pan over medium high heat and add garlic, onion, carrots, and pepper. Stir frequently, saute 3 minutes and then add peas and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add final tablespoon to pan, turn up heat slightly, add rice, and stir. Add scallions, soy, and oyster sauce and saute for another 3-5 minutes to 'fry' rice. Add egg, mix and serve immediately. Garnish with additional scallions if desired.