Cream Cheese Frosting From Scratch is a sweet, rich, frosting that's made with fresh, homemade cream cheese.
Normally, I don't have a big sweet tooth, but with the craziness of our lives lately, everything sweet just tastes sooo much better. Have you guys made cream cheese from scratch, yet? No? Then not only are you missing out on homemade cream cheese, but also this sweet, rich, eat by the spoonful Cream Cheese Frosting From Scratch.
Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it is so delicious. And (especially if you're using homemade cream cheese) you know exactly what's in it!
- Cream Cheese - Seriously, have you made your own yet? It's surprisingly easy and so delicious!
- Confectioner's Sugar - For the sweetness
- Butter - Salted or unsalted. See recipe notes.
- Vanilla Extract - Did you know how easy it is to make your own?
So Easy to Make
It doesn't get much easier than add it all to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer. And that's what this recipe is!
The perfect sweet, rich, and creamy frosting for any cake. Especially to balance a subtly sweet carrot cake, like this one. But, no judgement, you can put this frosting on ANYTHING.
Cake? Of course. Cookies? Yup. Just because you're having a hard day? Abso-freakin-lutely.
We especially love this on our Oatmeal Carrot Cake Cookies!
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
Cream Cheese Frosting From Scratch
- 12 oz cream cheese from scratch
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of kosher salt
- In a medium bowls add cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and salt. Cream with a hand mixer. Slowly add sugar, one cup at a time and blend until creamy.
- Frost your favorite treat!
fabulous frosting recipe from scratch with all step by step clicks. It is such a quick frosting to make and use. Thanks for sharing
Thank you, Bhawana!
Thank you for this recipe! Who doesn't love cream cheese frosting and it's so easy to make!! Love it!
I could probably eat it on everything...