Cream Cheese Frosting From Scratch is a sweet, rich, frosting that's made with fresh, homemade cream cheese.
Normally, I don't have a big sweet tooth, but with the craziness of our lives lately, everything sweet just tastes sooo much better. Have you guys made cream cheese from scratch, yet? No? Then not only are you missing out on homemade cream cheese, but also this sweet, rich, eat by the spoonful Cream Cheese Frosting From Scratch.
Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it is so delicious. And (especially if you're using homemade cream cheese) you know exactly what's in it!
- Cream Cheese - Seriously, have you made your own yet? It's surprisingly easy and so delicious!
- Confectioner's Sugar - For the sweetness
- Butter - Salted or unsalted. See recipe notes.
- Vanilla Extract - Did you know how easy it is to make your own?
So Easy to Make
It doesn't get much easier than add it all to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer. And that's what this recipe is!
The perfect sweet, rich, and creamy frosting for any cake. Especially to balance a subtly sweet carrot cake, like this one. But, no judgement, you can put this frosting on ANYTHING.
Cake? Of course. Cookies? Yup. Just because you're having a hard day? Abso-freakin-lutely.
We especially love this on our Oatmeal Carrot Cake Cookies!
Cream Cheese Frosting From Scratch
- In a medium bowls add cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and salt. Cream with a hand mixer. Slowly add sugar, one cup at a time and blend until creamy.
- Frost your favorite treat!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!