All the flavor of a Chicken Enchilada but with the ease of a Crock Pot and wrapped in a taco. These Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos are our new favorite taco night dinner!
It has been a brutal winter. Between my job and kids in daycare, it feels like I'm always battling something. So when I was finally feeling normal enough again for real food, I (and the baby) wanted it all. Enchiladas. Tacos. Cheese. Chicken. Being the hungry preggo I am, made it all: Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos to the rescue!
This recipe is seriously SO easy, thanks to our trusty Crock Pot! It has all of the flavors we love of Chicken Enchiladas, but then wrapped up in a delightful taco!
For the Chicken, it couldn't get much easier.
- Chicken - We prefer boneless chicken breasts, but you could also use boneless thighs, too!
- Enchilada Sauce - Have you made your own from scratch, yet?
- Cilantro - Fresh is best!
- Black Olives - Sliced.
- Cheddar Cheese - Shredded sharp or mild.
And done! Then it's just what you need for your favorite Tacos!
- Corn or Flour Tortillas - Have you made your own from scratch yet?
- Fresh Pico de Gallo From Scratch
- Fresh Spinach Guacamole
Tip: Make a big batch of Enchilada Sauce and freeze it, so when you're ready for some of these tacos, you can just pull the sauce out of the freezer.
One of the best parts of this recipe, it is SO easy to make.
First step: Add the chicken, enchilada sauce, and cilantro to a Crock Pot / slow cooker and let cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hrs on low.
Truly, is there anything better than a meal that you can just set it and forget it! Plus it'll make your house smell amazing when we got home after coming home from work!
Tip: One of my favorite parts of this recipe is that this is a Crock Pot meal that you don't have to worry about it drying out because of the enchilada sauce, so if it's in there for longer like 10 hours, no problem. It will still be delicious!
Second Step: Shred of the chicken breasts in the enchilada sauce and then top it with the cheddar cheese, sliced black olives, and let cook for another 20ish minutes in the Crock Pot to melt and boom, done!
All the deliciousness of chicken enchiladas, ready for some tacos!
Not in the mood for tacos? (Not sure how that's ever a thing!) We also love to serve this over salads or with a side of rice and beans.
It's also great to feed a crowd and as the protein for a taco bar party!
You Might Also Like
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos!
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Enchilada Sauce Make it yourself! https://www.servedfromscratch.com/enchilada-sauce-from-scratch/
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt Probably not needed if using store bought enchilada sauce - to taste
- 12 oz sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- more fresh cilantro
- Add chicken breasts to the Crock Pot. Pour over you Homemade (or favorite) Enchilada Sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
- Shred chicken and mix well with sauce in Crock Pot. Sprinkle in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/2 the olives and mix. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and olives. Turn Crock Pot to high and cook for another 20 minutes or until the cheese is all melted. Or, turn you oven to broil and put whole Crock Pot stoneware in oven to melt cheese - but keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. Sprinkle with remaining fresh cilantro.
- Serve on your favorite taco shells with sour cream, fresh avocado, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and hot sauce and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!