Remember that Whiskey BBQ Sauce my studly husband made? There was totally an ulterior motive behind it. It’s predetermined destiny was 100% to create a crock pot full of pulled pork deliciousness.
Oh, and remember those easy 30 minute hamburger buns that happen to freeze really well so you can just take a couple out when you need them? Yup. I sure do. I stashed a bunch away in our freezer also with pulled pork deliciousness in mind. Together, they made the easiest and tastiest dinner EVER. It was so stinkin’ good, these are the only photos I got of it because I came home to a house that, if ever there was a smell that a pregnant woman would want to keep in a jar in her purse, it’s of a house that this pulled pork has been slow cooking in for 8 hrs. Even better, I’d taken the buns out of the freezer before I left for work that morning so dinner. was. DONE. Just 3 ingredients for an amazingly hearty delicious sandwich. We might have made almost 7 lbs of pork that my husband happily ate for nearly every meal in the following week. Tacos, sandwiches, salads, even pulled pork scrambled eggs. Needless to say, he loved it… and that he’s now on a pork cleanse 😉
- 1 7 lb pork shoulder - excess fat trimmed and bone removed
- 4 cups of Whiskey BBQ Sauce*
- Hamburger Buns**
- Prep your pork by trimming off excess fat and taking out the bone.
- Add pork and BBQ sauce to a crock pot and set on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from crock pot and shred with two forks. Return to crock pot and mix well with sauce. Serve between two homemade buns or on anything else you'd like! ***
- *Make your own Whiskey BBQ Sauce: http://www.servedfromscratch.com/whiskey-bbq-sauce-from-scratch/
- **Make your own Hamburger Buns : http://www.servedfromscratch.com/hamburger-buns-and-a-little-bun-in-the-oven/
- *** This makes A LOT of pork. Great for a party or simply reduce based on size of pork shoulder you want to cook. It will freeze up to 2 months.