What's better than bacon? Bacon candied with beer! This Guinness Candied Bacon is the perfect addition to your weekend brunch or Bloody Mary!
Ahhh bacon. (Ok, my vegans and vegetarians may want to bow out of this one) Is there anything better than biting into a crispy, smoky, salty, piece of bacon? Only when it's been candied with beer for this Guinness Candied Bacon!
My studly husband was the best man at a wedding recently and he wanted to bring a Bloody Mary Bar but knew he had to have bacon, too. Enter, Guinness Candied Bacon. What better to go in a Bloody Mary?!
It couldn't get any easier.
- Bacon - Thick cut is our favorite for this.
- Guinness - Or any other stout or just dark beer)
- Brown Sugar - Light or dark, whatever you have. Dark will add a more molasses flavor to it. No brown sugar? No problem - did you know you can make your own?
Step 1: Mix beer and sugar until frothy.
Step 2: Add bacon to a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Brush bacon with beer and brown sugar, bake another 10 minutes, flip and brush again.
And done! Remove from foil and let completely cool on a plate before serving.
Tip: Resist the urge and let it cool completely - at least 30 minutes. But remove it from the foil, first so it doesn't stick.
Crispy. Smoky. Sweet. Addicting and the perfect addition to any Bloody Mary!
So take your Bloody Mary or just general bacon game to the next level with this Guinness Candied Bacon!
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
Guinness Candied Bacon
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Guinness or other dark beer
- Pre-heat oven to 400° and line baking sheet with foil and place baking rack on top in oven.
- Add bacon to baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and Guinness until it's frothy.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and with a silicone brush, brush one side of the bacon generously with beer and brown sugar.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes and then remove from oven again, flip bacon, and generously brush other side of bacon with beer and sugar mixture. Return to oven and let bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and gently remove bacon from pan to a plate and let cool it cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with a Bloody Mary or just as a snack!
Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories
Love this post!!! Love the bloody Marys, and the bacon, oh, the bacon!
Thanks, Karen! Hooray for bacon!! 😉
Experience Food Intl.
What's not to love about this?
I make candied bacon too and everyone loves it - need to try your recipe using beer 🙂
Yum! Bacon, beer and sugar sounds incredible! As for blogging and summer, I totally understand! Pure madness here with three boys hovering over me all the time and swim practices, meets. Looking forward to school starting!
Waw, such an interesting combination...will keep in mind to try it once..;)
But That's For Another Blog
Ok this my be my first attempt at scratch cooking... You know I love my alcohol and pork! May even have to blog about it too 😉
Yay!!!! Alcohol, plus pork, plus your blog will surely equal hilarity! 🙂
Stephanie @ The Cozy Cook
OMG you took the words out of my mouth!! I haven’t blogged in a week and even when I did, it was basically a bowl of melted cheese… HAHAHA.. it’s been SOOOO hard! And I figured you were in the same boat… this has by far been the busiest summer of my life. I am glad you were able to share this amazing recipe though, looks amazing!!!!!!!!!! : ) And the pics?! AH!!!!!! Incredible!
I was thinking of you too and thought you must be super busy too, especially with so many wedding and a new four legged baby to go exploring with!! 😀