What's better than bacon? Bacon candied with beer! This Guinness Candied Bacon is the perfect addition to your weekend brunch or Bloody Mary!
Ahhh bacon. (Ok, my vegans and vegetarians may want to bow out of this one) Is there anything better than biting into a crispy, smoky, salty, piece of bacon? Only when it's been candied with beer for this Guinness Candied Bacon!
My studly husband was the best man at a wedding recently and he wanted to bring a Bloody Mary Bar but knew he had to have bacon, too. Enter, Guinness Candied Bacon. What better to go in a Bloody Mary?!
It couldn't get any easier.
- Bacon - Thick cut is our favorite for this.
- Guinness - Or any other stout or just dark beer)
- Brown Sugar - Light or dark, whatever you have. Dark will add a more molasses flavor to it. No brown sugar? No problem - did you know you can make your own?
Step 1: Mix beer and sugar until frothy.
Step 2: Add bacon to a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Brush bacon with beer and brown sugar, bake another 10 minutes, flip and brush again.
And done! Remove from foil and let completely cool on a plate before serving.
Tip: Resist the urge and let it cool completely - at least 30 minutes. But remove it from the foil, first so it doesn't stick.
Crispy. Smoky. Sweet. Addicting and the perfect addition to any Bloody Mary!
So take your Bloody Mary or just general bacon game to the next level with this Guinness Candied Bacon!
Guinness Candied Bacon
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Guinness or other dark beer
- Pre-heat oven to 400° and line baking sheet with foil and place baking rack on top in oven.
- Add bacon to baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and Guinness until it's frothy.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and with a silicone brush, brush one side of the bacon generously with beer and brown sugar.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes and then remove from oven again, flip bacon, and generously brush other side of bacon with beer and sugar mixture. Return to oven and let bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and gently remove bacon from pan to a plate and let cool it cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with a Bloody Mary or just as a snack!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!