These little Meringue Kisses are one of our favorite Valentine's Day cookies! Not only do they only take three, yes THREE ingredients, but they are light and airy and the perfect gluten free cookie!
Just three! Plus your favorite color food coloring - if you want to stripe it with!
- Egg Whites - Don't worry about those egg yolks, make some Homemade Mayonnaise From Scratch with them!
- Sugar - Granulated is the best.
- Vanilla Extract - Have you made your own, yet?
- Food Coloring - For the fun colored stripe!
Time. That's what you really need. Once the egg yolks are separated, be sure that they sit out for a little while to come to room temperature. This will help them beat to a good volume.
Then it's just a matter of beating them.
You really want a hand mixer for this. Unless you're Popeye, you're not going to be able to do this by hand.
Once you start to see soft peaks beginning to form, then it's time to beat in the sugar. Just a tablespoon at a time. And then a fold of the vanilla.
Once you have stiff, glossy peaks you're ready to go!
Now to make these meringue cookies delightfully colorful, just brush some food coloring into a piping bag before you pipe out the sweet little cookies.
Look how sweet!
Baked to sweet Meringue Kisses delightfulness!
Meringue Kisses, little puffs of sweet airy heaven.
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of shredded coconut - without sugar OPTIONAL
- Separate egg whites from yolks about an hour before making meringues. Leave whites in bowl at room temperature so that they beat up to a good volume.
- Heat oven to 250° and cover un-greased cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites with a blender until stiff enough to stand in moist (not dry) peaks. Slowly beat in sugar just a tablespoon at a time then fold in vanilla. Continue to beat mixture until it is still and glossy, not grainy. Fold in coconut.
- In a small bowl, squirt a little bit of food coloring of choice and with a small pastry brush, 'paint' colored stripes along pastry bag. Pipe small rounds onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 30-35 minutes. Peaks will brown slightly.
- (If you don't have food coloring or a pastry bag, meringues can be spooned onto cookie sheet in little mounds instead).
- Cool and enjoy!
Meringues are such a great easy treat, love the look of these little striped colored kisses.
These are so pretty and they look tasty! What a great treat for Valentine's Day!