Take your kale chips to the next level by adding a little texture and loads of flavor with these Sun-Dried Tomato Cashew Kale Chips!
I am so obsessed with kale chips right now. Like really obsessed. They're just sooooo good. They're like little green potassium-packed crunchy vehicles for anything you want to put on them and my girl Alicia just recently introduced me to these incredible Sun-Dried Tomato Cashew Kale Chips which are now a new favorite!
Easy to Make
Even better, these chips have the already amazing crunch of the dehydrated kale, but also the added texture of the cashews and sun-dried tomatoes. PLUS the "cheesy" flavor from nutritional yeast!
Step 1: Add everything (except the kale) to a food processor or blender to create a chunky paste.
Step 2: Rip kale off of stems into medium-large pieces and mix the paste with the kale as evenly as possible.
Step 3: Add kale pieces to dehydrator trays and dehydrate for 8-12 hours.
Normally, on their own, kale chips take just a couple of hours in the dehydrator, but because of all of the tomato-cashew goodness on them, I gave it a lot longer - 8 hours.
And done! Kale chips but kicked up a notch and coated with cashews and sun-dried tomatoes!
The kale chips that you know and love but with the added hearty, filling, and nutrition from cashews! Little crunchy healthy flavor trains. Sun dried tomatoes, cashews, a fake 'cheesy' flavor, and garlic. Yum!
(Amazon affiliate links) - Here are some of the helpful kitchen tools for this recipe.
While you can also use your oven at a very low setting (or a dehydrate setting if you have it), if you want to get into the world of dehydrating, a dehydrator is an investment that you will no regret making!
Other Dehydrated Snacks
Coated, hearty, healthy, and delicious! Sun-Dried Tomato Cashew Kale Chips for the win!
- 1 large bunch Kale ripped into medium-large sized pieces
- 1.5 oz sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Soak cashews in water for 1 hour.
- Wash kale, rip into bit sized pieces (exclude stems) and set to dry in a large bowl (or dry in a salad spinner if you have one)
- Add sun dried tomatoes (removed from oil) garlic powder, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, and cashews (removed from water) to a food processor or blender. Blend. If too dry / chunky and not loose enough to spread / coat on kale, add a tablespoon or two of water, one at a time.
- Make sure kale is mostly dry then add tomato cashew mixture to the bowl. Mix very well ensuring that all of the kale is coated.
- Add kale to dehydrator trays and set dehydrator to 145 degrees for 8 hours. Put them in before you leave for work and when you get home they'll be done!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature - good luck storing them longer than a day!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!