Our 10 Minute Spinach and Feta Breakfast Quesadilla recipe is a new favorite in our house not only because it's ready in no time, but it's also packed full of healthy spinach, eggs, and plenty of cheese for a hearty, healthy, vegetarian breakfast, fast!
Switch up your normal breakfast eggs with the classic spinach and feta combo all in a lil' crispy breakfast quesadilla! Our 10 Minute Spinach and Feta Breakfast Quesadilla recipe is a new favorite. Not only because it's so fast to make, and has one of our favorites (spinach), but also because it's packed full of two kinds of cheese with that perfect crispy quesadilla crunch! Breakfast doesn't get much easier or tastier than this, friends!
- Tortilla - We prefer a nice big flour tortilla for this, but you can also of course make this gluten-free by using your favorite gluten-free tortilla, too!
- Eggs - We use two big brown eggs, but any of your favorites or even an egg substitute would work great.
- Spinach - Fresh baby spinach is our fav since it's always in our house. But you can also use some thawed frozen spinach, too!
- Feta Cheese- Key for that delish spinach feta combo - and it adds a lot of great flavor. Did you know that you can make your own?!
- Mozzarella Cheese - For that quintessential quesadilla cheese pull! You can use another melty cheese of choice, too, but I love the combo of the mozzarella with the feta and spinach. TIP: Also, keep in mind for the best melty cheese - always shred it yourself, and don't buy the pre-shredded. Those pre-shredded cheese have anti-lumping preservatives added, which means they don't melt as well as when you shred it yourself.
- Seasonings - Garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Honestly, with this recipe, because of the deliciously briny feta, we often don't even add salt because it doesn't need it!
- Olive Oil - You can also use butter to cook your spinach before adding the eggs.
Ready in 10!
Have I mentioned yet that this breakfast quesadilla recipe can be on your plate ready to eat in just 10 minutes?! It's a thing of beauty, truly.
It takes only a couple of minutes to saute spinach with seasonings, add the eggs to scramble, and then top with the feta cheese before removing it from the pan.
Then it's the final assembly of the Spinach and Feta Breakfast Quesadilla in the pan to let all of that mozzarella cheese melt. For ultimate mozzarella meltiness, add a layer of cheese first, the eggs and spinach next, and top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese!
Let that cheese melt and the tortilla get all kinds of crispy for that ultimate quesadilla crunch!
And done! 10 Minute Spinach and Feta Breakfast Quesadilla! So crispy. So cheesey. And all that fresh spinach snuck right in there between all of that cheese! Breakfast win.
Use your favorite gluten-free tortilla to make this a vegetarian and gluten-free meal!
No spinach? No problem. Saute up some of your other favorite veggies like zucchini, onions, or bell peppers. Keep in mind that depending upon the veggie, it'll likely add to the cooking time because the spinach only takes a minute to saute. This is also a great way to use up some leftover cooked veggies!
While we love this as an easy vegetarian breakfast option, we'd be lying if we said that it also wasn't super delicious with some cooked crumbled bacon mixed into the egg and spinach, too!
Feta and mozzarella are our favorite combos, but you can use your favorites too! Use a harder cheese with the spinach (like an Asiago or Parm) and then use a melty cheese like cheddar or Colby to line the sides of the tortilla.
While 10 minutes is super fast, if you wanted something even faster, these freeze beautifully. Just prepare until the last pan fry and freeze in a freezer-safe container. Take it out the night before and let defrost in the fridge before frying (although it'll take a few more minutes to fry to fully heat through) or pop it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before adding it to your pan to melt the chees and crisp your tortilla!
Be sure to use a pan that'll fit at least 1/2 of a large tortilla when you first cook your spinach and eggs. No need to dirty multiple pans! Also, it's best to use a non-stick pan.
You Also Might Like...
- Spinach and Feta Egg Cups
- Crustless Spinach and Feta Quiche
- Spinach Tuna Melt
- 15 Minute Black Bean and Spinach Burritos
- Bacon Spinach and Feta Breakfast Strata
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta
So get your quick and easy breakfast on with these healthy breakfast quesadillas, especially for the busy start of the school year!
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
10 Minute Spinach and Feta Breakfast Quesadilla
- large non-stick pan
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 1/2 cups spinach packed, approximately 2 oz
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup feta cheese approximately 1 oz
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese freshly shredded, approximately 2-2.5 oz
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in the pan over medium heat and add spinach with garlic powder and onion powder. Saute for 1 minute until spinach begins to wilt.
- Add eggs and use a spatula to break up the yolk and whisk as you scramble the eggs in the pan with the spinach until eggs are cooked, another 1-2 minutes. Top with feta cheese, give a quick stir to combine it all, and remove from then pan and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add flour tortilla. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese on one half of the tortilla, top with egg, spinach, and feta mixture, and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Fold other the other half of the tortilla.
- Let cook for about 90 seconds on one side (or until the tortilla is nice and crispy and the bottom half of the mozzarella is melted). Flip and cook for about another 90 seconds on the other side, again, until the mozzarella is melted and the tortilla is lightly browned and crispy.
- Transfer to a cutting board or plate and cut in half and enjoy!
I made 6 of these quesadillas to stash in my freezer. The combination of the feta and mozzarella was the perfect salty and melty cheeses. Thanks for making breakfast time so much easier at our house.
Your future you will thank the past you!! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review!
These look so yummy and easy! What a fun way to switch up the usual breakfast!
Oh my goodness, you got me at quesadillas. The combination with mozzarella and feta is genius. Cannot have only one these are additictive.
This recipe is really that fast! I made the quesadilla this morning and they came together in a flash. Loved the cheesiness, it was such a delicious way to start my day. I'll be making these again and again!
So great to hear, Marie!! Thanks so much for sharing and taking the time to leave a review 🙂
So yummy! I made it for breakfast the other day, and everyone loved it!
So great to hear, Maggie!!
Lauren Michael Harris
I love, love, love this recipe! The quesadilla is so easy to make and the flavors are incredible. I'll be enjoying this for breakfast or lunch regularly now.
Love to hear it, Lauren! Thanks so much for sharing!
What a great idea. I never think about quesadillas for breakfast but I always have a stack of tortillas in the fridge so they would be super easy to whip up.
We often have breakfast for dinner. This would be a great addition for sure. Easy and quick to make.
Let’s make this dish now! It’s bold enough to grab your attention and cheesy enough to make you smile. Love to start the day this way.
We love quesadilla and almost in every recipe I added spinach, this time I added feta too. So delicious!!