Put the box away! Make your own Homemade Pancake Mix From Scratch that you can keep in your cupboard for any time that pancake craving hits!
After a scorcher of a summer, the mornings are finally cool and crisp, it's raining (yay!), and Fall is definitely in the air. And I am sooo ready. Bring on the cozy sweaters and comfy boots! And when the weather's like this, breakfasts are not light, they are comforting. But they still need to be fast and still from scratch. Enter, Homemade Pancake Mix From Scratch!
Incredibly Easy to Make:
Honestly, it's one of the easiest recipes from scratch that you can prep.
First: Just 5 Simple Ingredients. All purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
Tip: You can also substitute whole wheat flour for a little added fiber!
Next: Add to a jar! Done. Put that bad boy in your cupboard and don't think about it again until you want to make some from scratch pancakes fast.
Making Your Pancakes
Just add an egg and milk, mix, and you're off! Then just make them like you would any of your favorite pancakes!
Fun Additions: Blueberries, chia seeds, chocolate chips! Whatever you like to add to your pancakes normally, toss in this mix!
Tip: I know it's pricey, but I promise you, Real New Hampshire Maple Syrup makes a huge difference and in my (biased) opinion, worth it!
Other Recipes to Ditch the Box/Can/Jar
Enjoy those weekend pancakes, friends! And sleeping in! 😉
Homemade Pancake Mix From Scratch
- 4 cups all purpose flour substitute whole wheat flour for a healthier version!
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
To Make Pancakes
- 1 cup of mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix all together all of the ingredients and store in a jar or plastic bag - as long as it's airtight!
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat a griddle and grease with butter or non stick spray.
- Ladle out mix on hot griddle and cook until bubbles form. Flip carefully and cook another minute or two on second side until golden brown. Serve immediately!
Make Ricotta Pancakes
- Combine ricotta, milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Add the mix plus the sugar and to the ricotta and milk mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Beat the egg whites with a handheld electric mixer until stiff. Stir a small scoop of the egg whites into the pancake batter to lighten the batter, then fold in the remaining egg white with a spatula.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Melt a small bit of butter in the pan, just enough to coat the surface. Pour batter onto the hot griddle. Cook the pancakes for about 3 or 4 minutes, until the undersides are golden and you see a few bubbles popping through the pancakes. Flip the pancakes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!