These are not your mother's oatmeal cookies! These easy healthy White Chocolate Oatmeal Coconut Cookies are packed full of nutrition, heart-healthy oats, and sweetened with just honey and white chocolate chips!
Friends, let me introduce you to your new favorite healthy oatmeal cookie. The poor oatmeal cookie gets a bad rep, sometimes. But let me tell you about my new love, my new healthy, flourless, oat-packed cookie love, these Coconut White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies! My family loves these cookies because not only do they fit into our from scratch lifestyle, but they're also a kid-loved, healthy, mom-approved cookie!
Now that the nicer weather has arrived, my girls are spending all day outside playing with their neighborhood friends. And I am the mom that wants to provide the healthy but delicious after school snack. Enter, these healthy oatmeal cookies which passed the neighborhood kids test!
- Oats - Old fashioned rolled oats. Instant just aren't right for this recipe. You'll use some of these oats whole and some to make into oat flour if you have a Vitamix or blender. You could of course also use pre-made oat flour, too.
- Coconut Oil - Not only is this super heart-healthy, but it also contains healthy fatty acids that can help promote good cholesterol (HDL) and boost energy, but it also adds to that coconut flavor.
- Eggs - Key for creating structure and stability in your cookie batter.
- Honey - As with most of our sweets, we prefer natural sweeteners over adding sugar. You could also use your other favorite natural sweetener, like agave or maple syrup.
- Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract, and Salt - All key ingredients for our cookies. By the way, have you made your own Vanilla Extract From Scratch?
- Shredded Coconut - More added coconut flavor! We prefer unsweetened shredded coconut, but you could also add even more sweetness by using a sweetened shredded coconut.
- White Chocolate Chips - These chips are the perfect amount of sweetness for these cookies, too. Because white chocolate is already pretty sweet, with each bite the white chocolate adds an amazing pop of sweetness.
- Walnuts - Optional, but we love the buttery crunch they add to these cookies!
Make Your Own Oat Flour
These cookies absolutely pack the super healthy oat grain punch! There's no added flour like all-purpose in these healthy oatmeal cookies because some of the oats are pulverized into oat flour, thanks to our trusty Vitamix.
No Vitamix? No problem, a food processor or blender could do the same. Or you could also just use your favorite oat flour. You can also use all whole oats, too. We prefer to add just a little bit of oat flour in because of how it binds it all together.
Easy to Make
These are truly some super easy oatmeal cookies. My girls absolutely love to help make them and anytime the girls can help (and not cause more of a mess than it's worth), I'm all for it.
Step 1: Mix dry ingredients (except white chocolate chips and walnuts) in a large bowl and mix the wet in a small bowl.
Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients with the wet into a dough and then fold in the white chocolate chips and walnuts.
Step 3: Form the healthy oatmeal cookies and add to parchment lined baking sheet.
Tip: These cookies do not spread. You can roll them out into a ball and then flatten a little. Or you could make them ball shaped cookies, totally up to you! Just remember, however you shape them, that's how they're going to bake.
Step 4: Add to baking sheets, sprinkle a little more coconut on top and then bake for 15-18 minutes.
And done! White Chocolate Oatmeal Coconut Cookies!
Not only are they delicious cookies, but they are healthy cookies that I absolutely love giving to my girls and their friends!
Mom approved, check. Kid approved, check. Delightful coconut flavor and buttery walnut crunch with a sweet pop of white chocolate? CHECK.
These healthy, easy White Chocolate Oatmeal Coconut Cookies are a new family favorite!
Our Other Healthy Cookies
- Oatmeal Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Oatmeal Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Healthy Kid Friendly Snacks
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- No Bake Carrot Cake Balls
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls
- Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups
Enjoy friends! Trust me, this are the easy oatmeal cookie recipe that you need in your life. Chocolate chips? Psh. Raisins? Meh. THIS is the oatmeal cookie you need in your life!
- or food processor or blender
- 3 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut plus a little more for sprinkling
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add 1 cup of oats to a Vitamix, food processor, or blender and pulse until ground into a flour.
- Add oats, oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, coconut, and salt to a large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, add eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and honey and whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts into a dough.
- Spoon 2 inch balls and add to the baking sheet and flatten (if desired).
- OPTIONAL Sprinkle additional coconut onto cookies.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cookies have set and start to brown underneath.
- Remove from baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 month.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!