It’s a favorite of the summer! This 4 Ingredient Peach Sorbet is so easy to make, a great way to use those fresh summer peaches, and makes a delicious healthy summer treat!
Helllooooo summer and fresh summer peaches! This 4 Ingredient Peach Sorbet is one of my absolute, hands down, favorite frozen treats that I also feel 100% OK with letting my girls go to town on too!
The 4 Ingredients
- Fresh Peaches – you could definitely use frozen peaches too to enjoy this summer treat all year long!
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt – just a pinch!
Can it get any easier? Nope!
Almost easier than the ingredients, how to make it.
Step 1 – Peel and freeze the peaches (see below for tips!).
Step 2 – Add the peaches to a food processor with salt, fresh lemon juice, and just a lil’ pinch of salt. (This is the one we love!)
Step 3 – Blend until creamy!
Step 4 – Pour into a loaf pan and freeze.
Until it’s frozen to a delightful summer treat!
It’s a light, fresh, fruity, not too sweet dessert that is exactly what I want when it’s super hot out. No extra ingredients except a touch of sugar and a hint of lemon to enhance the fresh peach flavor. And it’s a summer treat that I love for both myself and my girls because it is absolutely delicious and healthy!
How to Peel and Pit Peaches
This is the hardest part of the whole recipe. But you could also avoid it by using already frozen peaches – that, however, would mean you’d miss out on using those fresh summer peaches!
To Peel if Ripe:
- Cut a cross at bottom of peach
- Drop peaches in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds
- Transfer peaches to a bowl of ice to cool
- Once cool, use paring knife to pull away peel
To Peel if Unripe:
- Just use a good ol’ vegetable peeler!
To Pit Peaches
- Cut peach in half along the center and then give a good twist. You might have to wiggle that pit free.
- For pits that just wont come free, you may have to use a knife and cut away the pit.
Get what you can – you may lose some flesh but it happens, just get what you can get.
Other Summer Fruit Treats
Absolutely! It skips a step for you!
We usually use granulated sugar but you could also use raw. Brown would adjust the flavor a bit and would take away from the peach flavor, so I wouldn’t use that.
Nope! You can use any freezer safe container.
4 Ingredient Peach Sorbet
- Food Processor
- 6 fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Juice from half a lemon
- pinch kosher salt
- Peel and pit the peaches. Freeze until they are firm.*
- In a food processor, add frozen peaches, sugar, salt, and lemon juice and blend until creamy.
- Transfer to a loaf pan (or other freezer safe container) and freeze (4 hrs to three days).
- Scoop and enjoy!