15 Minute Garlic Fried Noodles: In only 15 minutes, and a lot of garlic, you can make this delicious Asian inspired side dish!
I repeat. 15 minute Garlic Fried Noodles. This is the easiest side noodle eveerrrr.
AND it's only 6 ingredients? Yup.
The most 'technical' part? Making sure you don't over cook the rice noodles. And rice noodles are not like pasta noodles - don't boil them! Just heat about 6 cups of water to almost boiling (I use our stove top kettle), then pour the water over the noodles, making sure they're completely submerged. Then let them soak for about 4 minutes until they're al dente, not completely cooked.
Meanwhile, saute the garlic and scallions in butter for about 2 minutes, then add your coconut sugar and mix until it's all incorporated and
then add your soy sauce.
Let that simmer together for a minute, and by that time your noodles will be ready to be drained and added to the pan.
Stir those bad boys up and let them fry and soak up all the deliciousness!
Top with some fresh scallions and add some of your favorite hot sauce, if you want, and you're done!
So much flavor. So much garlic! This made the perfect side dish to our Maple Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs! Although really, I would totally whip a batch of these noodles up for a quick lunch or a side for nearly any dish.
15 Minute Garlic Fried Noodles
- 8 oz thin rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons of butter or peanut oil or sesame oil
- 3/4 cup of chopped scallions + more for garnish about 2 bunches
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- Soak rice noodles in almost boiling water for 4 minutes until al dente. Drain then rinse with cold water to stop cooking and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet on medium to high heat. Add scallions and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add coconut sugar and mix in until it's all incorporated. Add soy sauce and let simmer together for 1 minute.
- Add noodles and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes until noodles have fried and absorbed the sauce.
- Plate, garnish with additional scallions, and serve!